Effective Spend Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Sort:

Senior Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

I got reached out to on LinkedIn for a Senior Campaign Manager job opportunity and decided to take the interview. The initial interview was a phone screening with the hiring manager. This was an easy interview to get an idea of my past experiences. Then I got scheduled for an in person interview. This was a panel style interview (about 6 people) where I was asked about different campaigns I've worked on, types of paid media I've worked in, etc. I was pleased when I was asked very specific questions regarding PPC and paid media in general, because many interviews I've had in the past didn't go as in depth in that field. This showed me that I could learn a lot from this group of people and was excited to potentially get the chance to work with them. At the end of my interview I was asked to do a 30 minute Adwords assessment of a current account they had and present my findings to the panel. After my interview they asked for my references and shortly after I received the offer. Overall I had a very positive experience in my interview. Tip: Everyone in my interview were extremely good interviewers(didn't show if they liked your answers or not). Don't let this sway you, this group of people are some of the nicest, open and most helpful when you actually get the opportunity to work with them.

Interview Questions

• How many clients have you worked on at a time?   Answer Question
    • What types of budgets did my past clients have?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenge you've faced with an account and how you solved it?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals and why are you looking to make a career change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The first thing I would say is that it took too long to get a phone interview. Very drawn out process. I am not great during phone interviews already and the person I spoke to sounded bored and uninterested. It squashed my enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite formula in Excel?   Answer Question
    • How would you organize PPC campaigns if you have hundreds?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with the head recruiter. After this process I was asked to come in for a ~2 hour interview with the team that included a hands-on evaluation to test knowledge of the AdWords platform

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate knowledge of AdWords by reviewing a fact scenario and offering recommendations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages.

The first stage was a quick phone screening interview with the hiring manager. The company set this up promptly after I applied online, within a matter of days. During the interview, I was asked some questions about my personality and career goals. These questions were along the lines of, "What do you like about PPC?", "Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?", "Why Austin?", etc. I was also asked a few mental math questions.

The second stage was a 1.5-2 hour group panel-style interview with several of my supervisors. This was a very thorough interview. First, I was asked questions about my skills, both hard skills and soft skills. These questions were more along the lines of, "How do you prioritize/organize your work schedule?", "How do you work with others on a team?", and "Do you have any client-facing experience?". Afterwards, I was given access to a live Google Ads account and asked to answer some questions based on the data.

The third stage of the interview process was a short in-person interview. This interview mainly involved some further personality and career goals related questions. I also was familiarized with some of the clients I would be working with, should I join the team. Afterwards, I was taken out to lunch by members of the team.

A few days later, I received a call with the job offer, and I accepted.

Overall, the interview process was thorough and interesting, as well as challenging in a rewarding way. As another reviewer noted, I never felt like my time was being wasted, and I also felt that I was being taken seriously. The process was also very prompt (considering the fact that I was out-of-state), and everyone I spoke to during the interview process was very considerate and accommodating.

Digital Marketing Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview followed by a panel interview, which included a short analytical test. Overall the process was fairly extensive, but I never felt like my time was being wasted. Interviewers were professional and very transparent throughout.

PPC Specialist/Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Took about a week and a half from application to job offer! It began with a phone call screening and I drove up to Austin for an interview the next day. During the in-person, they put your skills to the test on a mini-audit and then do a panel interview shortly after. Got the call on the following Monday!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty specific to my past experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Very quick and respectful of my time. The interview process began with a short phone screening following my application. Within a week I was asked to come to Austin for a 1:1 interview, data analytics assessment, and panel interview. Within one more I week I was asked to interview with another director over some coffee and was offered the position within a matter of days. Overall the process was very pleasurable and respectful of my time.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Effective Spend (Austin, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

After I sent my resume and cover letter, I was asked to do a phone interview. During that initial call, I was asked about work history and was given a few mental math questions. I then went in to the office for an interview, where I was again asked about my work history, specifically my experience with digital marketing. I then did an analysis assignment and reported on what I found. After that, I was asked to come in for a final interview.