Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

First step is application with resume, cover letter, and transcript. Second step is a conversational phone interview of about thirty minutes in length, covering the resume and some conversational questions. The third step is the in-person interview, of 90 minutes in length. 45 of those minutes are devoted to a case interview concerning an actual executive search and where/at who you might look for the position. The other 45 minutes are another conversational interview - they want as many people as possible to meet and get a read on you.

Interview Questions

• The case interview is not the kind studied for using Case in Point - it is an actual executive search.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of profit and loss statements   1 Answer

While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Very easy to talk with them. Questions were kept general. Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about previous employment. They talked about the position and expectations. Company culture. Hours. Parking.

Intern Interview

Interview

it was fun overall . The consultants were friendly and obviously focused on your past experiences. Be sure to know what you have learned from each experience . Got a good vibe from the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied to the internship program which was prepared for the first time but it appears that they will continue doing it every year. It is usually for the Spring Semesters where they take a bunch of interns in each office location provide them with a very good training and select about 30% of interns at the end of the internship to offer a full-time position.
    I had a half an hour phone interview first with two Research Associates then I was brought to their office for a round of interviews which included the Research Associates and the Head of Research. After explaining a bit about the company they allowed me to speak for more than half an hour about myself, interests and accomplishments. They are very nice and friendly. Goodlooking peole and very well dressed up so I guess you cannot expect to dress casual and always take care of you appearance.
    Also, they kind of want to learn about your personality, your interests and goals and they explained that the hierarchy at the company is very horizontal. No technical questions were asked. The only thing they asked me to do is do a reasoning exercice where I was given a text and a resume I needed to comment on. It was very easy and they informed me that they were impressed. Then I was invited for a second round but it wasn't an interview just meeting the consultants and partners at the office.

Interview Questions

• You come from a technical background why are you interested in doing some qualitative work instead.   1 Answer

I wanted to join but as an international student my employment authorization document got delayed and for that reason they couldn't accomodate me since they waned me to start at a certain date as they seem to have invested heavily in their training program. The pay wasn't going to be great (12 USD an hour).

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Boring talks with Directors, peers (Researchers) and then if approved you get an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty normal

Associate IM, Data Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call from consultant, and was called to the office. Had a written test, mainly to test your English. Then a research test where you had to google out the top level management for some specific companies followed by the interview

Interview Questions

• As a fresher they only asked me about my internship and why would I want to join this firm   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2009.

Interview

Very comfortable and a relaxing interview. Got to meet the staff working there in the office. Went through basic behavorial questions and by the end of it, I was pretty sure that I landed a job with them.

Intern, Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I contacted the company because I was in the area and needed some work experience before applying to jobs. The phone interview was pretty boilerplate, standard behavioral questions (greatest strengths, why interested in company, etc.) After the interview ended, I was asked to come in to the company for a one on one interview, where I was told I would be given a test. I haven't completed the 1:1 interview yet, so no word on contents of the interview or test.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in October 2011.

Interview

Conversation with General Manager, then with Research Principal, then a few of the other Researchers and then received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough, ceiling of Research area is R$8,000/month