Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.8

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview process is long and unmanaged. You probably end up spending whole day just for a written test and that too in a scheduled interview. They will make sure to call you more than 3-4 times in their office for each round. If you are looking for technical/development work then this is not the right firm, they probably have more of backend support. Please think twice before appearing for interview.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited on campus. The first interview was at the office and the final round was via phone. The interview was pretty standard but the phone interviewer was incredibly rude. The questions were very similar to the first round and therefore my answers were very similar. The first lady who interviewed me was professional but the second round interviewer kept saying things like "how weird" or "that's strange" to all my answers. The interview definitely left me not feeling very good about the firm.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with standard behavioral questions and follow up questions on experiences listed. Had sufficient amount of time for questions and the overall process was easy.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical corporate interview: Round 1 Phone Interview, Round 2 Face to Face. The phone call was around 30 minutes and it was with a young research analyst. They focused on past internship experiences and asked for several examples of when I had solved problems, worked in groups, overcome failure etc. I had time to ask my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon? How did you interact with superiors? How have you dealt with failure in the work place?   Answer Question

ID Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online via my university and was contacted a week later by email for a phone interview. I had a pretty standard phone interview that was conducted by someone that was also an ID Analyst and who I would potentially be working with. She filled me in on her background and the actual position. Then had me ask a couple questions. After that I was told that my information and answers would be passed on to the person doing the actual hiring and if selected I would be hearing from them to set up an in person interview within a week or so. I sent a thank you email to the person I spoke with and then I never heard from them again even for a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What interested you in the company?
      What interests you most about the position?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied through university, had one phone interview and then went for an in-person interview. Two back to back interviews. The first in-person was one on one behavioral. Mainly about my resume. The second one was a case study with two new people in the room. The case study involved me finding a new CMO for a newspaper company.

Temporary Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Met with three people. They seemed generally interested in what I had to offer. They seemed to be a growing organization, and were keen to get this new office location up and running pretty quickly. People were all very nice, polite, and keen to find the right person for the role. They ended up going with an internal hire.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Healthy Interview process discussing about strengths, negatives and positives. Previous job skills were discussed. Also the shortcomings were asked. Where do you want to see yourself. The added skills were discussed and countered. Work culture was discussed. The role applied for was asked to describe and elaborate. Companies similar to the one applied for were shared.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

First a behavioral interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then a situational interview where I went through the process of figuring out who to hire for a position. No group interview and each interview was with one analyst from Egon Zehnder. Total interview time was 1.5 hours and was held at my university.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about the process of finding someone for ____ position at _____ company.   Answer Question

Summer Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview screening. I talked with the head recruiter for my university. He asked basic fit questions. The interviewer was friendly, though a tad awkward on the phone; he also called about 15 minutes late. Presumably there would be a case interview after, but I never heard anything back from the company.