Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.8

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. They replied about 2 weeks later and I had a phone screening. Asked basic questions about my background, skills, and interest in the company. The next step is an on-campus or in-office interview. You talk to at least 4 people total. They had a case interview that walked you through an executive search. After the interviews, I waited about 2 weeks until I heard.

Interview Questions

• You are searching for a CFO for a specific company. What should you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

So I met an analyst at my university's career fair and I got an email for a phone interview the following week. It was a 30 minute phone call with behavioral questions (Why Egon Zehnder? Who are we?). You should know why you want to work here and what executive search is. There are a lot of resources online. Then I got an email the following week for a 1.5 hour in-person interview at the office. The first 45 minutes was a behavioral interview which was similar to the initial phone screen. The next 45 minutes was with a different analyst who provided me with a case problem with a current client and how I would go about the search process/industries I would look into. Then I got an email literally the next day for a 40 minute phone interview with the Intern Coordinator and got the position.

Everyone I talked to was so personable, friendly, and likable. The "recruiters" are full-time analysts at the company so their answers to my questions were so helpful. I would definitely see myself working with them long-term. The process was also so swift and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon Zehnder? What is Egon Zehnder? What sort of past experiences can assist with this role? What are your expectations of this role? How would you go about hiring a SVP for Company X?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied through university, had one phone interview and then went for an in-person interview. Two back to back interviews. The first in-person was one on one behavioral. Mainly about my resume. The second one was a case study with two new people in the room. The case study involved me finding a new CMO for a newspaper company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews and one was a case study that was fairly straight forward. The skype interview was with three people and I had a phone interview with the office I was applying for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a current analyst. Then I met him and a few others at my school's career fair. Later that day, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview.I then had behavioral and case interview in person on campus

Interview Questions

• typical questions about resume, then walking through a basic executive search   Answer Question

Consultant- Industrial/Manufactured Goods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, laid back interview. Very casual and conversational feel. Be sure to bring copies of your resume with you, as always. I met with one consultant first, then moved on to meet another. Questions were welcome and the office was very nice. Great fit for someone who wants to do industrial/manufactured goods consulting.

Temporary Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Met with three people. They seemed generally interested in what I had to offer. They seemed to be a growing organization, and were keen to get this new office location up and running pretty quickly. People were all very nice, polite, and keen to find the right person for the role. They ended up going with an internal hire.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in July 2015.

Interview

First round was a 20-30 minute phone interview--mostly fit with a question or two about why you're interested in EZ/executive search.

Second round was an hour and a half Skype call split in half--the first half was fit and the second half was working through an executive search case. My interviewer was very personable and friendly.

Received a call from my interviewer about a week and a half later with the news that I would be extended an offer, took about another week for the full details to come with office location assignment.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about filling a senior VP for North America position for __ company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

it was fun overall . The consultants were friendly and obviously focused on your past experiences. Be sure to know what you have learned from each experience . Got a good vibe from the company

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

First a behavioral interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then a situational interview where I went through the process of figuring out who to hire for a position. No group interview and each interview was with one analyst from Egon Zehnder. Total interview time was 1.5 hours and was held at my university.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about the process of finding someone for ____ position at _____ company.   Answer Question