Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with standard behavioral questions and follow up questions on experiences listed. Had sufficient amount of time for questions and the overall process was easy.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical corporate interview: Round 1 Phone Interview, Round 2 Face to Face. The phone call was around 30 minutes and it was with a young research analyst. They focused on past internship experiences and asked for several examples of when I had solved problems, worked in groups, overcome failure etc. I had time to ask my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon? How did you interact with superiors? How have you dealt with failure in the work place?   Answer Question

Consultant- Industrial/Manufactured Goods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, laid back interview. Very casual and conversational feel. Be sure to bring copies of your resume with you, as always. I met with one consultant first, then moved on to meet another. Questions were welcome and the office was very nice. Great fit for someone who wants to do industrial/manufactured goods consulting.

ID Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online via my university and was contacted a week later by email for a phone interview. I had a pretty standard phone interview that was conducted by someone that was also an ID Analyst and who I would potentially be working with. She filled me in on her background and the actual position. Then had me ask a couple questions. After that I was told that my information and answers would be passed on to the person doing the actual hiring and if selected I would be hearing from them to set up an in person interview within a week or so. I sent a thank you email to the person I spoke with and then I never heard from them again even for a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What interested you in the company?
      What interests you most about the position?
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews and one was a case study that was fairly straight forward. The skype interview was with three people and I had a phone interview with the office I was applying for.

Praktikant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

nach Terminvereinbarung persönliches Gespräch vor Ort im Office. Das Gespräch war 2 on 1, kurze Vorstellung beider Seiten, dann Durchgehen des Lebenslaufes und Fragen zu Kenntnissen, die für die Tätigkeit relevant sind.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

So I met an analyst at my university's career fair and I got an email for a phone interview the following week. It was a 30 minute phone call with behavioral questions (Why Egon Zehnder? Who are we?). You should know why you want to work here and what executive search is. There are a lot of resources online. Then I got an email the following week for a 1.5 hour in-person interview at the office. The first 45 minutes was a behavioral interview which was similar to the initial phone screen. The next 45 minutes was with a different analyst who provided me with a case problem with a current client and how I would go about the search process/industries I would look into. Then I got an email literally the next day for a 40 minute phone interview with the Intern Coordinator and got the position.

Everyone I talked to was so personable, friendly, and likable. The "recruiters" are full-time analysts at the company so their answers to my questions were so helpful. I would definitely see myself working with them long-term. The process was also so swift and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon Zehnder? What is Egon Zehnder? What sort of past experiences can assist with this role? What are your expectations of this role? How would you go about hiring a SVP for Company X?   1 Answer

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the school career center. There was a phone interview for the first round, and on-site interview for the final round. The phone interview was 30 mins long, and final one was 1:30 hrs back to back interviews. The interviewers were all friendly and very chill to talk with, but they asked sharp questions once in a while, so I recommend that you stay on your toes even when the conversation is going smooth.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were general behavioral questions but with emphasis on your communication skills: ex. tell me about a time you had to push your opinion to someone who disagrees with you   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. They replied about 2 weeks later and I had a phone screening. Asked basic questions about my background, skills, and interest in the company. The next step is an on-campus or in-office interview. You talk to at least 4 people total. They had a case interview that walked you through an executive search. After the interviews, I waited about 2 weeks until I heard.

Interview Questions

• You are searching for a CFO for a specific company. What should you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship with Egon Zehnder. Overall, the process is very smooth. First round is a phone interview reviewing your past work experiences, asking why you are interested in the firm, and a few behavioral questions. Second round is an in-office interview with two components: a case study and another behavioral interview (same questions as the phone conversation). The case study may require some out of the box thinking, especially for those without an executive search background. However, they are looking more for your thought process and critical thinking skills than your specific answers. After the second round I got a phone call a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about placing a regional CFO for Avon in North America?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you worked on a project from start to finish.   Answer Question