Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.8

Research Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer came down to campus job fair and I sent him my resume. He then arranged a phone interview with me. Basic resume question on my experiences and interests.

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview, 1 phone interview with the specific office i was recruiting for. The whole process probably took about 3 weeks, and was pretty smooth. Really nice people, and almost everyone I talked to was an alumn from my school. They don't have a separate recruiting team - they do all the recruiting themselves which is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen - background and resumé questions
      On-campus interview - 30 mins of background and resumé questions, 30 min case study. The case is not too difficult and usually involves walking through the search process (ie, they give you a search -- "we have been hired to look for a new Chief Marketing Officer at X company. How would you go about this search?) The idea is to be as structured as possible in your response, justify your assumptions, and communicate well with the interviewer.

Office-specific phone interview - they just asked some background questions, and why I was specifically interested in that office.   Answer Question

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

Negotiation

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

the candidate should have a brief know how of the current economy status, should some brief knowledge of the fortune 500 companies and their internal management hierarchy. study something in relation to the top 10 companies in every field like consultancy, life science, automobiles, chemical etc.

Interview Questions

• how much you know about Pfizer?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

A written test to understand your general knowledge and writing skills. An internet research test for your research skills. Face-to-face interview with the Manager for communication skills. Final round with the Head - Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Broadly checking communication skills. Understanding past experience, key skills, hobbies and interests and long-term goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Even though I had previous experience, I got offered the same compensation as a fresher. Just because I had no ongoing employment, I accepted.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited on campus. The first interview was at the office and the final round was via phone. The interview was pretty standard but the phone interviewer was incredibly rude. The questions were very similar to the first round and therefore my answers were very similar. The first lady who interviewed me was professional but the second round interviewer kept saying things like "how weird" or "that's strange" to all my answers. The interview definitely left me not feeling very good about the firm.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The Interview process is long and unmanaged. You probably end up spending whole day just for a written test and that too in a scheduled interview. They will make sure to call you more than 3-4 times in their office for each round. If you are looking for technical/development work then this is not the right firm, they probably have more of backend support. Please think twice before appearing for interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviews through a staffing agency for executive assisant role. Very friendly office manager; direct and warm interview with a great explanation of culture and responsibilities. The office was quiet and clean; interview took place in a conference room. No red flags at all but the culture didn't seem like it would be a match for me personally and professionally.