Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited on campus. The first interview was at the office and the final round was via phone. The interview was pretty standard but the phone interviewer was incredibly rude. The questions were very similar to the first round and therefore my answers were very similar. The first lady who interviewed me was professional but the second round interviewer kept saying things like "how weird" or "that's strange" to all my answers. The interview definitely left me not feeling very good about the firm.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with standard behavioral questions and follow up questions on experiences listed. Had sufficient amount of time for questions and the overall process was easy.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical corporate interview: Round 1 Phone Interview, Round 2 Face to Face. The phone call was around 30 minutes and it was with a young research analyst. They focused on past internship experiences and asked for several examples of when I had solved problems, worked in groups, overcome failure etc. I had time to ask my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon? How did you interact with superiors? How have you dealt with failure in the work place?   Answer Question

Consultant- Industrial/Manufactured Goods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, laid back interview. Very casual and conversational feel. Be sure to bring copies of your resume with you, as always. I met with one consultant first, then moved on to meet another. Questions were welcome and the office was very nice. Great fit for someone who wants to do industrial/manufactured goods consulting.

ID Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online via my university and was contacted a week later by email for a phone interview. I had a pretty standard phone interview that was conducted by someone that was also an ID Analyst and who I would potentially be working with. She filled me in on her background and the actual position. Then had me ask a couple questions. After that I was told that my information and answers would be passed on to the person doing the actual hiring and if selected I would be hearing from them to set up an in person interview within a week or so. I sent a thank you email to the person I spoke with and then I never heard from them again even for a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What interested you in the company?
      What interests you most about the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews and one was a case study that was fairly straight forward. The skype interview was with three people and I had a phone interview with the office I was applying for.

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

One objective written test comprised of Web and windows development in .net technology
    followed by one technical discussion panel round based on above.
    Shortlisted candidates would than follow one computer based objective test comprised of .net framework and design patterns.
    One round with development manager followed by director.
    Overall interview experience was really very impressive.

Praktikant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

nach Terminvereinbarung persönliches Gespräch vor Ort im Office. Das Gespräch war 2 on 1, kurze Vorstellung beider Seiten, dann Durchgehen des Lebenslaufes und Fragen zu Kenntnissen, die für die Tätigkeit relevant sind.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

So I met an analyst at my university's career fair and I got an email for a phone interview the following week. It was a 30 minute phone call with behavioral questions (Why Egon Zehnder? Who are we?). You should know why you want to work here and what executive search is. There are a lot of resources online. Then I got an email the following week for a 1.5 hour in-person interview at the office. The first 45 minutes was a behavioral interview which was similar to the initial phone screen. The next 45 minutes was with a different analyst who provided me with a case problem with a current client and how I would go about the search process/industries I would look into. Then I got an email literally the next day for a 40 minute phone interview with the Intern Coordinator and got the position.

Everyone I talked to was so personable, friendly, and likable. The "recruiters" are full-time analysts at the company so their answers to my questions were so helpful. I would definitely see myself working with them long-term. The process was also so swift and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon Zehnder? What is Egon Zehnder? What sort of past experiences can assist with this role? What are your expectations of this role? How would you go about hiring a SVP for Company X?   1 Answer

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the school career center. There was a phone interview for the first round, and on-site interview for the final round. The phone interview was 30 mins long, and final one was 1:30 hrs back to back interviews. The interviewers were all friendly and very chill to talk with, but they asked sharp questions once in a while, so I recommend that you stay on your toes even when the conversation is going smooth.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were general behavioral questions but with emphasis on your communication skills: ex. tell me about a time you had to push your opinion to someone who disagrees with you   Answer Question