Egon Zehnder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

First a behavioral interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then a situational interview where I went through the process of figuring out who to hire for a position. No group interview and each interview was with one analyst from Egon Zehnder. Total interview time was 1.5 hours and was held at my university.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about the process of finding someone for ____ position at _____ company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview that last about 30 minutes which was mostly behavioral, an explanation of what the company does, your potential position as a summer analyst and some questions for the interviewer. The phone interview did not need any real preparation, just some careful thought about how you would answer some questions like "what did you do in this situation when someone challenged you?" etc etc. The in-person interview took place at my university, which was two 45 minute back to back interviews starting with a behavioral interview and then a case. The case wasn't too difficult, it was just more about showing your enthusiasm and potential to the interviewer. They were more interested in seeing your thought process more so than the responses you came up with. Overall, not too difficult of an interview process. Just be confident, personable, do some research on the company, and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about researching filling a CFO position for Avon in North America? How do you handle situations where your superiors do not agree with your point of view? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with representatives at university sponsored career fair, dropped off resume. Got an email around two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly informal, I had the chance to ask as many questions as I answered. Later that week got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview. On-campus interview consisted of two back-to back interviews. First was behavioral, where I answered and asked questions with two current Employees. Second interview was a case interview, modeling the executive search process with a few different stages.

Interview Questions

• To fill the company's requirements for this role, what industries would you begin to search in?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a summer internship with Egon Zehnder. Overall, the process is very smooth. First round is a phone interview reviewing your past work experiences, asking why you are interested in the firm, and a few behavioral questions. Second round is an in-office interview with two components: a case study and another behavioral interview (same questions as the phone conversation). The case study may require some out of the box thinking, especially for those without an executive search background. However, they are looking more for your thought process and critical thinking skills than your specific answers. After the second round I got a phone call a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about placing a regional CFO for Avon in North America?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you worked on a project from start to finish.   Answer Question

Summer Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview screening. I talked with the head recruiter for my university. He asked basic fit questions. The interviewer was friendly, though a tad awkward on the phone; he also called about 15 minutes late. Presumably there would be a case interview after, but I never heard anything back from the company.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Did 3 round of interviews. Many of the questions are typical just have examples ready. There is scenario testing to see how you rationalize and problem solve. Be prepared to explain.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I used an agency. I got exactly what I asked for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

phone interview and then a following behavioral interview and then a case interview. 2 on 1 case interview, somewhat of a stess interview. basically describe an executive search process thoroughly, how you would go about finding a cfo or a ceo for a certain company given these criteria

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One on one phone interview was first. Interviewer was an alumnae from my university. Got through to the in-person interview with a couple of their analysts on-site. However, they did not even have the courtesy to tell me of my result, even after I had emailed them.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Intensive, four rounds, multiply states and several levels of management. I had to take several assessment test, both generic and one custom made by the company. I had to take a typing and skill test as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell them something about myself that's not work related   1 Answer