Egon Zehnder Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Egon Zehnder Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

The first round was a brief (30 minute) phone interview that covered the basics (past experience, a time you were challenged, a time you worked with a team, etc). Second round consisted of a 45 minute behavioral (much like round one) and a 45 minute case interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had little to no supervision on a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Egon Zehnder

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited on campus. The first interview was at the office and the final round was via phone. The interview was pretty standard but the phone interviewer was incredibly rude. The questions were very similar to the first round and therefore my answers were very similar. The first lady who interviewed me was professional but the second round interviewer kept saying things like "how weird" or "that's strange" to all my answers. The interview definitely left me not feeling very good about the firm.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

So I met an analyst at my university's career fair and I got an email for a phone interview the following week. It was a 30 minute phone call with behavioral questions (Why Egon Zehnder? Who are we?). You should know why you want to work here and what executive search is. There are a lot of resources online. Then I got an email the following week for a 1.5 hour in-person interview at the office. The first 45 minutes was a behavioral interview which was similar to the initial phone screen. The next 45 minutes was with a different analyst who provided me with a case problem with a current client and how I would go about the search process/industries I would look into. Then I got an email literally the next day for a 40 minute phone interview with the Intern Coordinator and got the position.

Everyone I talked to was so personable, friendly, and likable. The "recruiters" are full-time analysts at the company so their answers to my questions were so helpful. I would definitely see myself working with them long-term. The process was also so swift and quick.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon Zehnder? What is Egon Zehnder? What sort of past experiences can assist with this role? What are your expectations of this role? How would you go about hiring a SVP for Company X?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three interviews and one was a case study that was fairly straight forward. The skype interview was with three people and I had a phone interview with the office I was applying for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with a current analyst. Then I met him and a few others at my school's career fair. Later that day, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview.I then had behavioral and case interview in person on campus

Interview Questions

• typical questions about resume, then walking through a basic executive search   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through a college career website and was offered a first phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and mostly allowing the company to get to know you. The interview asked questions about my resume and past experiences that I had that seemed relevant. I was then offered a second interview which was the case interview followed by more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was the toughest because I had never done one before.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA).

Interview

Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of profit and loss statements   1 Answer

While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume