Eide Bailly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and then had a phone interview during the same week with a recruiter. She was from Minnesota and was very pleasant to talk with on the phone. The questions were standard questions about my resume, my interest in the company, etc.

I had an office interview scheduled within another two weeks. However, the firm required multiple steps before the next interview. First, I was required to fill out a Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment. This required two pages with about 100 adjectives on each page to select. The first page had a question that asked how do you think other people expect you to be. The next page asked how do you actually think you are. This didn't seem to be the best way of measuring someone's personality. Second, I was required to select five references and have them respond to 45 questions (rating my past performance on a numerical scale) along with multiple free response questions. I thought that this step was too cumbersome and I actually felt bad when I found out how long it took the references to fill out the survey.

The office interview was scheduled for two hours. First, I had a 30 minute interview with the officer administrator who went over different benefits that the firm offers. Then I had a 45 minute panel interview with three partners and another 45 minute interview with two managers.

There are a few things that I didn't enjoy about the overall process. First, the benefit package didn't seem that good for a public accounting firm. The health insurance package seemed really expensive (the employee portion was over $600/month for a family plan).

Second, I felt the company treated me unprofessionally. I sent a simple follow up question via email to the office administrator on the same day after the interview. I was "ghosted" and never received any communication back from anyone in the office. While more companies feel it is acceptable not to respond to a candidate after the company doesn't feel someone is a good fit, I think the process is very unprofessional especially after meeting with multiple people in one office location. I received an email from the initial recruiter over two weeks later implying that they were choosing another candidate. I understand if they didn't think I was a good fit and I have no problem with that. However, I wish they would simply tell me that straight and move on. I know that the company did not choose someone else because the position is still listed as open on their website today and the position has been reposted on job sites multiple times (it has also been six weeks since I interviewed).

Third, the firm scheduled the interview from 11 AM - 1 PM over the lunch hour. One of the managers jokingly asked if we were supposed to go to lunch. I mentioned that no one had said anything about it. He then said it must be a mistake that the interview was scheduled during lunch and blamed it on the recruiter who scheduled the interview from a different time zone. They never took me to lunch and didn't mention it again. Maybe I'm making a big deal about nothing, but I thought the whole thing was really strange. I'm interviewed in office and attended off campus recruiting events for a dozen different accounting firms and this is the first firm I have ever met with that didn't include a meal as part of the process. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Fourth, no one at the firm would give me a straight answer as to the real reason for the open position. I asked multiple people whether it was due to growth or employee turnover and I received different vague answers where the subject was changed almost immediately. I figured that it was likely due to people leaving after reading a few negative comments about this office in the last year.

Overall, the whole process just came across as very impersonal to me and like the firm was trying too hard to automate the entire process and treat candidates like a number. I would think that the firm would try harder to make a good impression on potential candidates. I don't think I could recommend this accounting firm to anyone who asks me my opinion in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred way that you have been able to bring in new clients?   Answer Question

ERP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Fargo, ND) in January 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. HR kept me updated throughout the process with helpful feedback. Two phone interviews plus on-site. Although my skills were not quite the right fit, I was treated with respect and thoughtfulness.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to putting a jigsaw puzzle together?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

I applied online through UND's career website. The recruiters visited campus, came to a bowling event, and attended our career fair prior to my interview. I visited with associates during these events and eventually had a formal interview with a recruiter the day after our career fair. I was notified of my interview results within two days.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Accounting Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Mankato, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first, with standard questions about my experience, top qualities, etc., and about a week later I was offered an interview. At that time they requested 5 references (online only), background & employment screening, and a predictive index screen. My in-person interview was about 2 weeks later.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

They were very nice and pleasant to talk to and the process was fairly routine. A couple of questions I wasn't totally prepared for, but then I haven't done very many high level interviews (phone screen.) My lack of a positive experience is that the interviewer insisted that she would get back to me in a day or two (after I asked her about the hiring process) and tell me if I was going on to the next level. After over a week of nothing I emailed her and got the reply that they had decided to continue with some others. I'm worried about missing their reply and they could care less. However, I was probably naive to believe that they would call when they said they would because I think I will be back with this same review for another company.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions that you can find by googling "interview questions."   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, a meet and greet night, and then in office interviews one on one with 3 partners/managers and the administrative person. They would sometimes ask questions from the paper but for the most part it was very conversational. The only negative was how long it took for them to get back about an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very normal. The recruiter gave me a detailed description about the company, their culture and the position and asked me few questions about
    1. What I knew about their company?
    2. What I was looking for in my ideal job?
    3. What areas I have audited and what industries I have audited before?
    4. What industries I was most comfortable with?
    5. Top 3 work skills?
    6. Salary expectations?

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 work skills to be fit in the position?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eide Bailly in February 2016.

Interview

The process was handled through a recruiter. I first had an hour phone interview with the recruiter. Standard sort of interview. Questions about my resume, my interest in the position, etc. Next, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about a month later. Kind of a long delay. Same sort of questions about my resume, my interest in the position, my communication style, etc. About a month after that I was asked to come into their office for an in-person interview. This was awkward. First, the hiring manager, who I spoke to on the phone about a month before, seemed almost irritated to be there. Next, the other two clearly didn’t have the same background that I did and seemed uncomfortable with asking technical or detailed questions. Overall, it just didn’t feel right and I got a generic sort of email a couple of days later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

There are three things with this company that really bothered me. First, after every interview, the recruiter would email me the day after and then call me when I replied to discuss how I felt about the interview. Kind of like she wanted a blow by blow of exactly what happened and how I felt the entire time. Even the interview I had with her. Honestly, I didn’t response to her after the in-person interview because I knew I didn’t want to work with them.

Second, they required me to fill out some online form for professional references after the phone interview with the recruiter and it was required before I interviewed with the hiring manager. I don’t have anything against professional references at all, but, I thought, this was premature considering I hadn’t even discuss the position with the hiring manager. The worst part of this was each of my references received an excessive and cumbersome questionnaire with 45 questions (rating my past performance from 1 to 5) and 5 free form questions with a minimum of 250 characters. I thought this was way overkill and they required at least 4 of the 5 references to complete this questionnaire before allowing me to discuss the position with the hiring manager.

Lastly, I had the feeling during the phone interview with the hiring manager and certainly during the in-person interview that the company was just looking for potential prospects. They didn’t actually have an open position that they needed filled. Rather they were just interviewing candidates to see if there was someone they absolutely couldn’t live without. The company is an advisory firm and such organizations are actually owned and operated by numerous “partners.” I kind of had the sense they were more looking for potential partners than actual employees. I am definitely not partnership material and even stated that during my phone interview with the recruiter, which didn’t appear to have made it to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How I handle public speaking, providing training and presentations to professional organizations.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eide Bailly.

Interview

Was a campus interview. I was asked why Eide Bailly, then the whole interview consisted of behavioral questions. You are expected to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eide Bailly in October 2015.

Interview

Process was very friendly and comfortable. The interviewers were down to earth and gave great information about the company. There was specific questions to answers instead of open dialogue.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you feel sets us apart from the other firms?   Answer Question