Eide Bailly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Boulder, CO).

Interview

They ask conversational questions and use the STAR technique. Met with the managers and Partners in my office along with meeting a few staff.

Negotiation

Was offered a salary, then spoke to HR and we negotiated from there.

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eide Bailly in September 2012.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview through campus recruiting, interviewed with a partner and an HR recruiter at the same time. Mostly behavioral questions, somewhat like a conversation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and then had a phone interview during the same week with a recruiter. She was from Minnesota and was very pleasant to talk with on the phone. The questions were standard questions about my resume, my interest in the company, etc.

I had an office interview scheduled within another two weeks. However, the firm required multiple steps before the next interview. First, I was required to fill out a Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment. This required two pages with about 100 adjectives on each page to select. The first page had a question that asked how do you think other people expect you to be. The next page asked how do you actually think you are. This didn't seem to be the best way of measuring someone's personality. Second, I was required to select five references and have them respond to 45 questions (rating my past performance on a numerical scale) along with multiple free response questions. I thought that this step was too cumbersome and I actually felt bad when I found out how long it took the references to fill out the survey.

The office interview was scheduled for two hours. First, I had a 30 minute interview with the officer administrator who went over different benefits that the firm offers. Then I had a 45 minute panel interview with three partners and another 45 minute interview with two managers.

There are a few things that I didn't enjoy about the overall process. First, the benefit package didn't seem that good for a public accounting firm. The health insurance package seemed really expensive (the employee portion was over $600/month for a family plan).

Second, I felt the company treated me unprofessionally. I sent a simple follow up question via email to the office administrator on the same day after the interview. I was "ghosted" and never received any communication back from anyone in the office. While more companies feel it is acceptable not to respond to a candidate after the company doesn't feel someone is a good fit, I think the process is very unprofessional especially after meeting with multiple people in one office location. I received an email from the initial recruiter over two weeks later implying that they were choosing another candidate. I understand if they didn't think I was a good fit and I have no problem with that. However, I wish they would simply tell me that straight and move on. I know that the company did not choose someone else because the position is still listed as open on their website today and the position has been reposted on job sites multiple times (it has also been six weeks since I interviewed).

Third, the firm scheduled the interview from 11 AM - 1 PM over the lunch hour. One of the managers jokingly asked if we were supposed to go to lunch. I mentioned that no one had said anything about it. He then said it must be a mistake that the interview was scheduled during lunch and blamed it on the recruiter who scheduled the interview from a different time zone. They never took me to lunch and didn't mention it again. Maybe I'm making a big deal about nothing, but I thought the whole thing was really strange. I'm interviewed in office and attended off campus recruiting events for a dozen different accounting firms and this is the first firm I have ever met with that didn't include a meal as part of the process. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Fourth, no one at the firm would give me a straight answer as to the real reason for the open position. I asked multiple people whether it was due to growth or employee turnover and I received different vague answers where the subject was changed almost immediately. I figured that it was likely due to people leaving after reading a few negative comments about this office in the last year.

Overall, the whole process just came across as very impersonal to me and like the firm was trying too hard to automate the entire process and treat candidates like a number. I would think that the firm would try harder to make a good impression on potential candidates. I don't think I could recommend this accounting firm to anyone who asks me my opinion in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred way that you have been able to bring in new clients?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Bismarck, ND) in April 2015.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview and an in-person interview. Phone interview was actually more difficult, while the in-person interview was basically a casual conversation to get to know you better and feel out your personality.

ERP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Fargo, ND) in January 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. HR kept me updated throughout the process with helpful feedback. Two phone interviews plus on-site. Although my skills were not quite the right fit, I was treated with respect and thoughtfulness.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to putting a jigsaw puzzle together?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a couple partners and HR. They were easy to talk to and didn't ask too many hard questions. The process took a little over an hour. They seemed very engaged and answered my questions very thoroughly and gave me a good picture of what it was like to work at Eide Bailly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

when i was in the interview they wanted to see if i would fit in to their culture. It was more a get to know you type of questions a few scenarios on what would you do? They know that you are a student and that you might not have a lot of experience so they go along with what you know and build from there. They are looking for people who would excel if they were left alone to do a job and for someone that could find an answer without having to be micro managed in order to make sure they get it done.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Boise, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was pretty casual and conversational. It was a one on one interview and none of the questions were difficult. During the second round interview, I met with HR to go over the benefits package and then was taken over to the panel interview. The second interview was a panel of three consisting of partners and managers. They were all very nice and the questions were typical. Afterwards I was given a tour of their office and was invited out for a social night.

In total, from the application to offer acceptance, the entire process has taken 5 1/2 weeks. The first interview was on a Monday and I was notified of the second interview by Friday that same week.
    After the second round and the social night, I was contacted the following day about an offer and given a week to consider the decision.

After speaking with a former instructor, I became aware that first year hires are not normally given the opportunity to negotiate salary, nor are they expected to negotiate. I went ahead and accepted the 48,000 base salary, which is really great in the Boise area for a first year hire with no real experience. However, my instructor had mentioned that the law is changing for 2017 that says that professionals paid less than 47,000 must be paid for overtime which is why the offer is 48,000 with no overtime pay. Otherwise the base salary would be around 42,000.

Anyway, from my impression, this firm seems like a great place to work.

Best of luck to those reading this and preparing for interviews with Eide Bailey. :)

Interview Questions

• - What are three words your friends would use to describe you?
      - Tell me about yourself.
      - Give an example of a time you had to meet a tight deadline.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eide Bailly in September 2013.

Interview

First met with HR and went over some administrative items and then met with a partner and interviewed with them and then me with the PIC of the office and interviewed with him as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a manager/coach have not seen eye to eye and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

First meet with HR representative who explained benefits, etc. Then had a round robin type interview with a majority of the tax staff meeting two at a time. Each group had specific questions they were to ask.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into public accounting? What are your strengths? Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question