Eide Bailly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.7

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Boulder, CO).

Interview

They ask conversational questions and use the STAR technique. Met with the managers and Partners in my office along with meeting a few staff.

Negotiation

Was offered a salary, then spoke to HR and we negotiated from there.

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eide Bailly in September 2012.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview through campus recruiting, interviewed with a partner and an HR recruiter at the same time. Mostly behavioral questions, somewhat like a conversation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

when i was in the interview they wanted to see if i would fit in to their culture. It was more a get to know you type of questions a few scenarios on what would you do? They know that you are a student and that you might not have a lot of experience so they go along with what you know and build from there. They are looking for people who would excel if they were left alone to do a job and for someone that could find an answer without having to be micro managed in order to make sure they get it done.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Boise, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was pretty casual and conversational. It was a one on one interview and none of the questions were difficult. During the second round interview, I met with HR to go over the benefits package and then was taken over to the panel interview. The second interview was a panel of three consisting of partners and managers. They were all very nice and the questions were typical. Afterwards I was given a tour of their office and was invited out for a social night.

In total, from the application to offer acceptance, the entire process has taken 5 1/2 weeks. The first interview was on a Monday and I was notified of the second interview by Friday that same week.
    After the second round and the social night, I was contacted the following day about an offer and given a week to consider the decision.

After speaking with a former instructor, I became aware that first year hires are not normally given the opportunity to negotiate salary, nor are they expected to negotiate. I went ahead and accepted the 48,000 base salary, which is really great in the Boise area for a first year hire with no real experience. However, my instructor had mentioned that the law is changing for 2017 that says that professionals paid less than 47,000 must be paid for overtime which is why the offer is 48,000 with no overtime pay. Otherwise the base salary would be around 42,000.

Anyway, from my impression, this firm seems like a great place to work.

Best of luck to those reading this and preparing for interviews with Eide Bailey. :)

Interview Questions

• - What are three words your friends would use to describe you?
      - Tell me about yourself.
      - Give an example of a time you had to meet a tight deadline.
      Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eide Bailly in September 2013.

Interview

First met with HR and went over some administrative items and then met with a partner and interviewed with them and then me with the PIC of the office and interviewed with him as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a manager/coach have not seen eye to eye and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

First meet with HR representative who explained benefits, etc. Then had a round robin type interview with a majority of the tax staff meeting two at a time. Each group had specific questions they were to ask.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into public accounting? What are your strengths? Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

They were very nice and pleasant to talk to and the process was fairly routine. A couple of questions I wasn't totally prepared for, but then I haven't done very many high level interviews (phone screen.) My lack of a positive experience is that the interviewer insisted that she would get back to me in a day or two (after I asked her about the hiring process) and tell me if I was going on to the next level. After over a week of nothing I emailed her and got the reply that they had decided to continue with some others. I'm worried about missing their reply and they could care less. However, I was probably naive to believe that they would call when they said they would because I think I will be back with this same review for another company.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions that you can find by googling "interview questions."   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

I applied online through UND's career website. The recruiters visited campus, came to a bowling event, and attended our career fair prior to my interview. I visited with associates during these events and eventually had a formal interview with a recruiter the day after our career fair. I was notified of my interview results within two days.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Accounting Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly (Mankato, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first, with standard questions about my experience, top qualities, etc., and about a week later I was offered an interview. At that time they requested 5 references (online only), background & employment screening, and a predictive index screen. My in-person interview was about 2 weeks later.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eide Bailly.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, a meet and greet night, and then in office interviews one on one with 3 partners/managers and the administrative person. They would sometimes ask questions from the paper but for the most part it was very conversational. The only negative was how long it took for them to get back about an offer.