Einstein Bros. Bagels General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Einstein Bros. Bagels General Manager Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The first interview was by telephone, the second was with the area manager, and a third interview was held with a regional manager. Each interview lasted a minimum of thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were behavioral based concerning leadership and business accumen   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Einstein Bros. Bagels

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels.

Interview

Interview with ABM, then Regional Director and possibly HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation room

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Once I submitted my resume for review I was contacted by the Area Business Manager. After he interviewed with me, I had to wait for the HR office in Colorado to email me a link to an online assessment that took about an hour to complete. I also had to fill out an electronic background consent form. It took about a week to receive the response. Once that was cleared, I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. The interviews were very detailed, they definitely require verifiable references that they will follow up with. After the interviews, tests, and background check was considered

Negotiation

They are pretty straight forward about what they will pay and they offer a very competitive package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

Einsteins posted a hiring day on several job sites, so I decided to go down and check it out. When I got there there was 2 people doing interviewing in a store location. They handed me a packet with an application to fill out. After waiting about 40 minutes a lady came over and looked at my application briefly and asked me a few questions. Previously I owned my own Tavern and Restaurant and then had 18 years with a large company, the last 6 running a fresh foods department that did over 1.5 million a year in sales. I have had previous restaurant exp but it was over 22 years ago. She asked me about my employer at my last job which I informed her she was looking at him, then she asked me why I left my last job "didn't I like it?" I told her to follow the American Dream and open my own business. At this point she looked like a deer in the headlights, I discussed my previous restaurant exp and then she informed me that they needed 3 years exp for a GM and 2 for an AGM. I explained to her that at the Tavern I was the GM but she told me I that was not the same. I thanked her and got up and left. I felt the whole process was unprofessional and poorly handled. Also as a deeply rooted believer in customer satisfaction she handled her responses very poorly as I will never step foot in one of their stores again. I had an interview the following week with a major coffee company, apparently they thought my experience was valid.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask any related questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Einstein Bros. Bagels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

I was hired very hastily and only had 2 initial interviews. One was over the phone and one was in person. I was asked some very easy situation questions etc. However, I was also asked questions that felt quite insulting to my intelligence. Either way, the process seemed organized and by the book. Not anything special or unexpected.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation