El Camino Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

El Camino Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick! After my phone interview, I had my personal interview! El Camino staff and the manager were very welcoming and friendly!
    The hiring process took a little more than a month!

Overall experience was great!

Interview Questions

• Questions were more on clinical and some behavioral.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Folks are very nice and it was all the typical questions you would expect. Culture was divided in IT so it was interesting to talk to different folks to get a sense of dynamics.

Marriage and Family Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After a long time, lost resume in the computer system (HR), contact/stop/start there was an interview. Process was rather fast after that. The team I was a part of was truly caring, nice people. Working as a part of the team was very nice. Pay for Interns is either $0-$10/hour which doesn't cover gas/parking. Great place to work, hard to stay due to poor pay. People almost make up for it, though.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience working with families and mental health issues, standard.   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Management was down to earth, easy to interview with because relevant questions were asked. From the moment I walked into the HR office until I sat for my interview the positive vibe was felt, this made it much easier to relax and be myself.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that you feel qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It took about one month from applying online to meeting with human resources. I received a phone call within one week then there was one interview with a panel of two interviewers.

The company culture is like any other big corporation. Along with creditials and experience, networking is essential if one is interested in working in another field of the hospital

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you experience tension with a co-worker?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, was awaiting HR to make some decisions regarding cost centers and hiring policies. The wait time and lack of communication surrounding the process was frustrating, but to be expected in most circumstances.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a hospital?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aim higher, but do research on what comparable salaries earn for Phase I and Phase II Assistants

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital.

Interview

When I was originally hired I was a new grad. I interviewed with the nursing manager of the unit I wanted to work on. She asked me what I would do in certain scenarios and had me discuss myself. I watched a few videos and they had me answer questions based on the videos.

Interview Questions

• Patient on the floor starts complaining of crushing chest pain. What do you do.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview was very basic and simplistic, especially since prospective applicants were generally all high school students. You were asked about your interest in volunteering at El Camino as well as some personality questions.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

was asked to write a short essay while waiting for the interview, asking why you chose to apply at the hospital, what are your strengths... then panel interview attended by several managers of different units followed by department interview by director and manager of unit applied for after passing the panel screen

Interview Questions

• after patient safety, what is your priority in your nursing care   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary offered is based on years of experience. did not negotiate. happy with the offer the first time