El Camino Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The panel interview is not bad and very fair. The interview with the manager and educator is more difficult. You are verbally tested on skills and clinical information. Hard to think straight when asked so many clinical questions in a row. I suggest preparing for questions an educator might ask instead of preparing for standard interview questions. The only bad part about applying here is trying to reach HR after your interview if they do not contact you.

Interview Questions

• What does magnet status mean?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Interview

I got a phone call from the nurse recruiter who set up a screening "interview" with a nursing director panel for the following week. The second interview was to be set up a two week after the screening "interview". Final decisions would be made about one week from the second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick! After my phone interview, I had my personal interview! El Camino staff and the manager were very welcoming and friendly!
    The hiring process took a little more than a month!

Overall experience was great!

Interview Questions

• Questions were more on clinical and some behavioral.   1 Answer

PCR RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen completed as a contractor, then a panel interview with 2 directors and a nursing recruiter in a conference room on hospital ground. This was arranged first with an HR representative via email

Interview Questions

• Who is a patient that you will never forget?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Folks are very nice and it was all the typical questions you would expect. Culture was divided in IT so it was interesting to talk to different folks to get a sense of dynamics.

Marriage and Family Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After a long time, lost resume in the computer system (HR), contact/stop/start there was an interview. Process was rather fast after that. The team I was a part of was truly caring, nice people. Working as a part of the team was very nice. Pay for Interns is either $0-$10/hour which doesn't cover gas/parking. Great place to work, hard to stay due to poor pay. People almost make up for it, though.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience working with families and mental health issues, standard.   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Management was down to earth, easy to interview with because relevant questions were asked. From the moment I walked into the HR office until I sat for my interview the positive vibe was felt, this made it much easier to relax and be myself.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that you feel qualify you for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It took about one month from applying online to meeting with human resources. I received a phone call within one week then there was one interview with a panel of two interviewers.

The company culture is like any other big corporation. Along with creditials and experience, networking is essential if one is interested in working in another field of the hospital

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you experience tension with a co-worker?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, was awaiting HR to make some decisions regarding cost centers and hiring policies. The wait time and lack of communication surrounding the process was frustrating, but to be expected in most circumstances.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a hospital?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aim higher, but do research on what comparable salaries earn for Phase I and Phase II Assistants

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at El Camino Hospital.

Interview

When I was originally hired I was a new grad. I interviewed with the nursing manager of the unit I wanted to work on. She asked me what I would do in certain scenarios and had me discuss myself. I watched a few videos and they had me answer questions based on the videos.

Interview Questions

• Patient on the floor starts complaining of crushing chest pain. What do you do.   Answer Question