El Paso Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at El Paso Electric

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at El Paso Electric (El Paso, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, then face to face panel interview, then set date. The interview was held by the managers who asked questions mostly about skills and experience. They were very friendly and encouraging.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at El Paso Electric in February 2017.

Interview

interview for college summer internship program.
    There are two stages: prescreen and technical interview. The prescreen are mostly behavioral questions. The technical interview is half behavioral questions and half technical questions related to the electrical utilities industry (depends on the position you are applying to)

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Why El Paso Electric? What do you know about El Paso?

How would your peers describe your personality?   Answer Question

EMS Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at El Paso Electric (El Paso, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied at the El Paso webpage , got call after 3 weeks so , had interview 1 week later after call , during the interview, questions were like robots reading one by one , fast , not feeling in a good environment , other than that, good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you , why El Paso Electric ?
      Witch cyber security systems do you know ?
      What was your last big challenge ?
      How would your co-workers describe your personality ?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at El Paso Electric (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position the last day the application process was open and did not hear back until a few weeks later with an email stating this would be the last time they'd be trying to contact me and if I didn't respond, I'd lose the chance to interview. In my application, I stated I wanted to be contacted through email, but they disregarded this and claimed they called several times when I never recieved a single call. When I asked HR about the email, she said they did almost everything by phone.

So I set up the interview time. It was a group interview and each person asks essentially the same question, "What do you know about Finance/Accounting?" After talking for about five minutes with the first person and giving a good overview about what I knew, I didn't know what to say to the second or third person without sounding repetitive. They seemed interested in only pursing someone who was from El Paso and wanted to come back for the long run. If this isn't you, I don't recommend applying.

After the interview, they told me I'd get a call if I received the position and an email if I did not. They did neither, so I contacted HR, only to be told they've called me several times (which they did not) and to set up a time to be called. In this call, they told me I did not get the position, which I didn't understand because this could have easily been done over email.

I understand that this intership is relatively new for El Paso Electric, but I think the recruiting process needs serious reevaluating. If HR reflected what this company was like, I'd say it's not professional and communication was poor. I would not recommend interviewing with this company.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at El Paso Electric (El Paso, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I saw the open position at the EPE website and applied for it. After more than a month later i got a call from HR to set up a phone interview for the following day. The call was about 15 minutes later than the time they said they called. They only asked me three questions and the interview lasted about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you consider yourself to be the best canditate for the position?   Answer Question