Elastic Path Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had HR phone interview first and then quickly they invited me for the in-person interview. This interview had two rounds, the first with the team Directors and the next with Sr Architecture and Sr developers. They asked my technical experience during my current and past careers and also technical questions in depth about Java and software architecture of project I work on. Then, in a fast pace they invited me for the next technical interview which I would attend in the next week. I just can say they have an excellent work culture and you will realise it from the first impression! during the interview I felt like I was a part of their team and the way they asked me questions it wasn't like many other companies they just want to hire and that's all. They really want to know how much your personality is a good fit with their work culture and how much you are reliable and knowledgeable in the technical matters! They are looking for hiring talented technical buddies not just hiring someone to fill a position! Honestly, I have no doubts such a company with such a believe system like “value the team as well as value the customers” will gain many more success in the future than they reach now and I really want to be a part of!

Customer & Partner Systems Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I got an email from my Co-op advisor that they arranged an in-person interview several days after. Overall process was pretty simple. One round interview only. After you arrive at the company at downtown Vancouver, I was told to wait at reception for a few minutes. Then I was met with 2 interviewers. The interview took about 1 hour. After which they showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions of course. And some basic technical questions about Java, basic algorithm, and some design principles. Some questions about coding styles, i.e. what's a good coding practice? How to make your code more readable etc.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software.

Interview

Process of getting interview was so fast with recruiter. I had interview an hour with directors and an hour and a half with architects. They were so nice and kindly attitude.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software in July 2016.

Interview

The process started with a (very good) recruiter screening and then proceeded at super fast pace to an in-house interview. In one morning, I was able to speak with both management and development team, with very good results and actually feeling quite comfortable and at ease.

No code test during the interview, but I had a very in-depth and at-the-whiteboard conversation about Computer Science. I felt the team asked me questions about the actual work they do, which is great because you can immediately understand a bit about what you will be doing.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question was to review a piece of code in order to find a bug.   Answer Question

Product and Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

The process started with an initial HR phone interview to discuss the role, followed by an online technical test (in this case it was a Java, servlet related test), and then an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the team head, and was mostly asking about things related to my resume with very few technical questions. Mostly asked product support/ customer service related questions

Interview Questions

• How would you approach dealing with someone with an urgent technical problem   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR at elastic path, 2 Face to Face Interviews, one involving a small case study regarding requirements workshop. Interviewers were very friendly and it was more of a discussion rather than a script based interview

Interview Questions

• case study regarding agile requirements gathering process   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process was streamlined and made sense for the role I had applied for. HR interviewers were friendly and technical interviewers were fair but tough. The process was painless and quicker compared to other companies I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• Refactoring task - had to explain my solution in 2nd technical interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

They had a phone screening followed up by an in-person interview. At the office, the HR Manager was asking some weird questions like "What is the one thing you dislike the most in the job" and "What if you have to do it?" Etc

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

- Very slow and takes forever to get feedback. Each step takes forever and followups to find out status are ignored.
    - Skills test is a joke in that the questions are contrived and of no real use in determining the knowledge and skills of a candidate. It asks questions on deprecated API's oh really?
    - In person interview after like 4 steps is ridiculous. The in person interview was disorganized and questions were not deep at all. Obviously they don't care how good a software engineer you are. If your buzz word compliant you are what they are after.
    - Problems during interview were straightforward. Nothing challenging at all.

Interview Questions

• Draw the UML diagram for a bunch of shapes and some having certain functions.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Elastic Path Software (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted a couple days after I applied. The first stage was a phone interview with an HR person, and it was about the kind of person I am and my traits. Once I passed that, I had a face to face interview with two managers at the company, it was very positive, they tried to make me comfortable and showed me around the office. The interview itself was mostly situational questions of how I deal with certain problems. Although I did not get the job, I would definitely recommend working for them.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer who is not very happy about the product that you have delivered?   Answer Question