Elder-Beerman Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elder-Beerman Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Elder-Beerman Stores

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Clarksburg, WV) in March 2012.

Interview

The application process is online only at elder-beerman.com and sometimes randomly the application will ask you to complete a series of math questions. They call you pretty quick and the interview is within a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of a time when I had to work in a group to solve a problem, the rest is just personal info, experience, and availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They was no negotiation, they offered me minimum wage only and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Elder-Beerman Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

Interview

Simple questions, very nice. Was asked about experience with previous employers. Was asked to explain what I would do if put in a certain position such as dealing with angry customers or dealing with someone that stole an item. Also asked about my education and if I was currently going to college.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how i would go about selling an item to a customer .   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be down to earth and show the interviewer that you're not afraid to talk to anybody

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores.

Interview

I was seasonal employment so take that into consideration. the hiring process was fast and i was scheduled to work a few days after.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Application

Interview

The interview was very easy and laid back. She was easy to talk to, relaxed and gave a friendly vibe. She listened and asked appropriate questions related to the position I was interested in. She hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Define customer service in your own words.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call the next day, and an email asking me to come In for an Interview two days later. She asked me what my experience was with customer service, basic interview questions, and told me a few things about the company. I got hired on the spot and started a couple days later.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

it was short and simple. easy. i went into a room and he asked me questions. he asked my experience. my open availability. he also asked what was customer service to me. after that he told me when orientation was and i was all set.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Dayton, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview had no structure or set questions as I had worked for a "sister" store. We talked about the change from retail to online purchases which she said explains the lack of customers. We discussed differences between a small town store and Elder Beerman Dayton Mall.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make at your last position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Charleston, WV).

Interview

Simple, training before the actual interview. It took me 3 days to complete the computer orientation & answer multiple questions..You will be scored . Then onto a personality test. Easy ! Then I got call in for the actually interview which was also easy as the HR manager wasn't intimidating so this set the tone.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to open a store card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores (Toledo, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

The experience during the interview process was fairly easy. Great first job if you are interested in retail. All the typical interview questions were asked so just review a little and you will be fine.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elder-Beerman Stores in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and took the success profile (I think that is what it was called). About a week or two later, the HR Manager called and scheduled an interview with me. It was very easy. She just asked me to tell her about myself, told me a little about the company, and asked how soon I could start and what hours I would be available.