Electric Guard Dog Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog (Columbia, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

The sales interview process was quick and professional. I was interviewed by multiple people including the Sales Manager, CEO, and the manager of another department. The interview was very cordial and informative, and any questions that I had were taken and answered in a descriptive manner.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a light bulb works?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog (Columbia, SC) in July 2012.

Interview

They only go thru a 3rd party hiring company.

Negotiation

They are a very fair company. I did not have to negotiate. They offered what I was worth and never asked what kind of money I was looking for. They had a set salary already for my position and did not try to save money or bring it down to offer the job at a lower rate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog (Columbia, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Short telephone interview with department head that asked basic qualifying questions about your work history, then in person one-on-one interview with two department managers asking basic questions, then meet with CEO if you have moved to the next stage

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying, one of their recruiters called me about the position then I moved on to a phone interview with The head recruiter. The next step was an in person interview with their regional manager. A lot of questions geared toward being a hunter sales person.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales person would you describe yourself as, a hunter or relationship builder?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog.

Interview

Located job opportunity on either Career Builder or Monster job board. Can't recall which. Submitted my resume and was contacted placement service. Placement service had me fill out online application and take behavioral test. About a week later I was selected to do a Skype interview with the CEO and National Sales Manager. After that interview I was selected for separate face to face in my local city with CEO and National Sales Manager. Interviews were fine but I thought it was strange I was asked to interview in a suite at a local hotel. It felt a bit uncomfortable going to a strangers room. Both interviewers did a fine job of describing what would be necessary to be successful in the position.
    After the second interview I was given a written offer approximately 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If I would be comfortable and willing to make 10 plus face to face prospecting cold sales calls per day 5 days per week 52 weeks per year.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical of most sales organizations they tried to low ball on the salary. After making a counter offer which they quickly accepted I had remorse in not asking for a larger amount and negotiate downward if necessary.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog.

Interview

Painless, Honest, and they identify Clear Next Steps.

Interview Questions

• "Is there anything during this interview that I should have asked you?"   Answer Question

Regional Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the Sales Manager and the CEO. It wasn't a tough process. Keep in mind, I interviewed with two higher up people, and they asked very specific questions. They also follow a very stringent sales technique, as you will see and hear if you do interview with them.

Regional Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog.

Interview

It was a lengthy process and even interviewed with the CEO. The questions at every level were basically the same and fairly standard. I did not get an offer and I was never told why.

Interview Questions

• What was one question I didn't ask that you wished I would?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a very straightforward 3 stage process: department manager interview, upper management interview, interview with CEO. EGD is still small enough that Jack tries to make it a point to meet with perspective employees. Quick responses and turnaround time on the decisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of technical profficiency or aptitude. For example, if something goes wrong with your laptop or tv, are you likely t try and fix it yourself, have someone else fix it, or replace it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electric Guard Dog (Columbia, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone interview was setup via an agency. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. They wanted to know what I enjoyed doing and about my experience. They explained what the position entailed. Although you will be trained, you will need to have some technical support experience. I haven't gotten the results of the phone interview yet but the next step will be a face to face interview with the CEO.