Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Burnaby, BC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

First are introduce about yourself, your previous projects, what you have done. Followed by the logic questions, like the famous dropping eggs, and other. Then was asked some basic C++ questions, like vectors, links.

Aata Analyst ( Business Intelligence Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I had a telephony interview first and the second in-person interview 1 hour with 2 of technical managers then half an hour with head of department.

It's been a month since I had interview and they still did not give any feedback

Interview Questions

• direct and to the point questions about what I have done before   1 Answer
    • how long would it takes usually for this company to reply on the interviews?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter first contacts you to do the initial phone screening, if that goes well and additional phone call is scheduled with the hiring manager to determine if you'd be a good candidate for the role. After that has happened, the recruiter will reach out to you again to find a full day in your schedule for an on site interview. You meet several panels of interviewers throughout the day and are provided with a team member to have lunch with in the cafeteria. Depending on the level of seniority of the role, you'll be required to put together a presentation beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a conflict in your workplace and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • What's one improvement you'd suggest for our products?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone interview with two engineers. Second round was a hour long technical interview with two more engineers followed by a 30 min interview with management.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on my previous experience and broad technical knowledge questions. There were no surprises, easy interview for any new grad or junior engineer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

2 phone interviews, first with HR then a technical interview. Then come in for an in person interview for 4 hours with 4 different people, 2 tech, 1 manager and lastly HR.

Cinematics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was really good to discern artist who knows about and have experience about the position it was offered. It's divided in parts with every department you will be dealing with during your work there. With the HR, with the director of the team and with leads from the team.

Interview Questions

• - Which camera lens would you use in a specific situation.
      - Draw a frame of storyboard with characters and assets to best discribe a situation.
      Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

a few rounds with different people working in different groups and also do the test, introduce how did you create those assets in the test, introduce the past work experience you have

Technical Artist - I Year Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from EA the next day. They setup a interview time in the same week, so the whole process took a week. The HR was nice and answered all the queries I had regarding the position.

The HR mentioned that after the 1 year contract has expired they wont hire you back for 3 months. The employees who are already working there say that the chances of someone getting re-hired is very subjective on demand hence contract people would most likely have to look elsewhere during the last months of the contract. The HR said that people are >OK< with this type of method/business model but I highly doubt people prefer to be jobless for three months vs having a stable career.

1:1 interview was of two rounds, the Senior CG supervisors took the 1st round - the technical test and the Computer Graphics supervisors took the the 2nd round of behavioral and experience based questions.

The technical round was based on my background, the questions asked are below but the 1st round interviews had conflict in approach, they were arguing within themselves. This was a 1 hr interview and they ended up asking school questions instead of relevant experience based questions, this was no where near what was described in the job description.

For future Technical artist:
    If your background is in Engineering/Software, they will ask you questions just like a software engineer even though the position is that of a technical artists.

If you background is in Art, they will still ask you technical questions related to Art pipeline and scripting.

So either ways you will have to know about programming/engineering concepts from a book-ish/theory/concept perspectivem your industry experience will have zero value here.

Interview Questions

• Implement isPrime(int X) function along with optimizations if any.
      How would you get the same output of AND gate with just using OR and NOT gates.
      Swapping color space in shaders (RGB -> BGR) with and without using temporary variables.
      1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was tiring and time consuming. 1 hour phone interview, 2 hour first round followed by 4 hour second round. Invested about 7 hours of time into the process only to get a few follow up emails that were full of false promises.

Multiple times was promised an answer by Friday only to hear back the following week saying that no answer was available yet. It is understandable to be a bit delayed, but 1 month behind is not acceptable. Not to mention missing deadlines is also not impressive for a prospective employer.

Very disappointing that a large, global company like this would provide such a poor candidate experience. It would be nice to know a definite answer in a timely manner and follow ups as promised. Still no answer up to today...one month later..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for EA?
      Do you play video games?
      Answer Question

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

First a 15 minutes phone screening with HR, followed by an 1 hour interview with another Development Director.

Both interviews went well and hearing about the role in more detail I knew that I would be perfect for the role. It did sound that they value previous game development experience (which is a bit narrow-minded) and experience with budgeting, but I personally didn't feel those possessing any problem for me to do this job well. Most of the questions were around Project Management and People Management experience and some tools I might have used before. Nothing too difficult.

After the positive feeling from the interview I was surprised not to hear back from EA anymore. I never found out what they were looking for that I failed to present to them. A big negative experience since nothing was communicated back to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous game development experience? What Project Management tools have you used. Have you been responsible for budgeting?   Answer Question