Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Burnaby, BC | Glassdoor

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a recruiter bring me a position at EA and presented me for it. The process was very quick, which may have been down to them being very desperate to fill this position.

Started off with a ~30 minute phone interview with the manager. Mostly discussing technical background and soft skill type stuff as well as what the role involved. Seemed pretty much like just to check if I actually wanted this position and would be ok with what it entailed.

Very quickly set up an in-person interview within the next couple days. It was scheduled to be about 4 hours long. Started off with a 2-hour long coding task to evaluate skill/knowledge with html/css/js. Had a short break while the 2 interviewers reviewed the task and then came back for about 45 minutes of technical and background questions.

Was supposed to meet with the manager again for 30 minutes of in-person but this was cancelled as he was satisfied with just the phone conversation.

Overall, fairly easy as long as you're keeping up with what current technologies and concepts are in the front-end world.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recommended for an interview by someone who worked there up until recently. Brought in for an interview at their Burnaby campus. First 15 minutes were them telling me about what they do at CDS, projects they're working on, what they hope to do with data in the future. Then it was at least 30 min of questions about statistics, machine learning, sql.

Interview Questions

• For SQL, he showed me a piece of paper with about 4 different tables on it, all related to a warehouse maybe: one for customers, one for items, one for orders, one for shipments. He gave a scenario where a manager wants a report every day of all the shipments that went out that day and the report should include orderId, itemName, shipmentDate or something like that. What query would you use to get these things.   Answer Question
    • If you were the CEO of Shoppers Drug Mart and you wanted a display of the total revenue for each of your stores, what would be the best way to display this info?   Answer Question
    • What are the basic assumptions underlying linear regression?   Answer Question
    • How would you measure the error of a linear regression model?   Answer Question
    • If you had a continuous class and continuous variables, what kind of model would you do?   Answer Question
    • What is an "outlier"? Give an example.   Answer Question
    • How much of the data is within one std deviation of the mean? What percentage?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1-hour long. They asked me some general questions about my current job position. Tech questions are about basic concepts of Java and an easy coding question. Besides, they asked me to rate my Java skills from 1 to 10

Interview Questions

• Given an unsorted int array from 1 to N with 1 missing number, find out the missing number.   Answer Question

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

First are introduce about yourself, your previous projects, what you have done. Followed by the logic questions, like the famous dropping eggs, and other. Then was asked some basic C++ questions, like vectors, links.

Aata Analyst ( Business Intelligence Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I had a telephony interview first and the second in-person interview 1 hour with 2 of technical managers then half an hour with head of department.

It's been a month since I had interview and they still did not give any feedback

Interview Questions

• direct and to the point questions about what I have done before   1 Answer
    • how long would it takes usually for this company to reply on the interviews?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got called in for 3 interviews, all with 2 people each in them. It really depends on the individuals. I had 2 amazing interviews, and the third one was really awful. The third interview was held by a man who had his arms crossed the entire time, and was very negative and abrupt. He reacted to every answer as if it was completely incorrect, and wanted me to fail. The other 2 interviews went extremely well, and the interviewers seemed to ask intelligent questions and were very friendly. They were all standard interview questions. Nothing super technical (depends on the job).

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you were in disagreement with a superior, and how did you deal with it? How do you deal with conflict between co-workers in general?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter first contacts you to do the initial phone screening, if that goes well and additional phone call is scheduled with the hiring manager to determine if you'd be a good candidate for the role. After that has happened, the recruiter will reach out to you again to find a full day in your schedule for an on site interview. You meet several panels of interviewers throughout the day and are provided with a team member to have lunch with in the cafeteria. Depending on the level of seniority of the role, you'll be required to put together a presentation beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a conflict in your workplace and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • What's one improvement you'd suggest for our products?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone interview with two engineers. Second round was a hour long technical interview with two more engineers followed by a 30 min interview with management.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions on my previous experience and broad technical knowledge questions. There were no surprises, easy interview for any new grad or junior engineer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

2 phone interviews, first with HR then a technical interview. Then come in for an in person interview for 4 hours with 4 different people, 2 tech, 1 manager and lastly HR.

Cinematics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was really good to discern artist who knows about and have experience about the position it was offered. It's divided in parts with every department you will be dealing with during your work there. With the HR, with the director of the team and with leads from the team.

Interview Questions

• - Which camera lens would you use in a specific situation.
      - Draw a frame of storyboard with characters and assets to best discribe a situation.   Answer Question