Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

2.8

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

3D Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

First a phone screen, then an interview on site. A senior modeler and World Art Lead came in and interviewed me, then the HR rep concluded it. The interview was around 30-40 minutes, and they were friendly.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was really close to be a great interview, the main reason I didn't like the experience was because I didn't get a feedback. I mean, I loved the environment and the place and I want to know what I need to improve to go and try again. I'm still planning to apply, but I don't know what to improve to make it better next time.
    It was 2 interviews, 1 hour each.
    First interview with the directors. We spoke about the project and was more about soft skills and task management stuff, how you deal with problems and situations, etc.
    Second interview was technical with a lot of questions and a whiteboard.
    It was the best interview I've ever had and I felt like I did really great, but I they decided to move forward with someone else.
    People there are great and the environment made me feel like that's the place I want to work.

Interview Questions

• They start from the very beginning of POO concept questions like Inheritance, String, Immutable, Volatile and then start moving forward. A lot of concurrency questions, debugging questions, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a recruiter bring me a position at EA and presented me for it. The process was very quick, which may have been down to them being very desperate to fill this position.

Started off with a ~30 minute phone interview with the manager. Mostly discussing technical background and soft skill type stuff as well as what the role involved. Seemed pretty much like just to check if I actually wanted this position and would be ok with what it entailed.

Very quickly set up an in-person interview within the next couple days. It was scheduled to be about 4 hours long. Started off with a 2-hour long coding task to evaluate skill/knowledge with html/css/js. Had a short break while the 2 interviewers reviewed the task and then came back for about 45 minutes of technical and background questions.

Was supposed to meet with the manager again for 30 minutes of in-person but this was cancelled as he was satisfied with just the phone conversation.

Overall, fairly easy as long as you're keeping up with what current technologies and concepts are in the front-end world.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was recommended for an interview by someone who worked there up until recently. Brought in for an interview at their Burnaby campus. First 15 minutes were them telling me about what they do at CDS, projects they're working on, what they hope to do with data in the future. Then it was at least 30 min of questions about statistics, machine learning, sql.

Interview Questions

• For SQL, he showed me a piece of paper with about 4 different tables on it, all related to a warehouse maybe: one for customers, one for items, one for orders, one for shipments. He gave a scenario where a manager wants a report every day of all the shipments that went out that day and the report should include orderId, itemName, shipmentDate or something like that. What query would you use to get these things.   Answer Question
    • If you were the CEO of Shoppers Drug Mart and you wanted a display of the total revenue for each of your stores, what would be the best way to display this info?   Answer Question
    • What are the basic assumptions underlying linear regression?   Answer Question
    • How would you measure the error of a linear regression model?   Answer Question
    • If you had a continuous class and continuous variables, what kind of model would you do?   Answer Question
    • What is an "outlier"? Give an example.   Answer Question
    • How much of the data is within one std deviation of the mean? What percentage?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2017.

Interview

The overall process of the interview was quite slow. I had my first initial phone screen one week after applying, and then waited three weeks for technical phone interview. The recruiter was quite helpful throughout this process because I had several interview cancellations.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

My experience was a nice one. The interview had 3 steps. First, I had to solve an online test with 3 problems on an online platform. Secondly, I had a meeting with two seniors and in my last step, an interview with project manager.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1-hour long. They asked me some general questions about my current job position. Tech questions are about basic concepts of Java and an easy coding question. Besides, they asked me to rate my Java skills from 1 to 10

Interview Questions

• Given an unsorted int array from 1 to N with 1 missing number, find out the missing number.   Answer Question

Junior DevOps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Myself and one other candidate were being considered; the day before the interview, we had a group call with one of the team members to help us get a feel for what the team and work would be like, and give us a chance to pose questions to them to help us prepare.
    The in-person interview was with the team lead and one of the other team members. They briefly discussed the position, and then started asking about my experience with the various technologies they were using and how it related to previous projects.
    Overall, it was kept low-pressure and conversational

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

First round is HR.
    Second round id director.
    Third round is onsite. back to back 5 interviews in a day. this is too much hectic . All the interview were director level . Just basic behavioral interview questions. I was little uncomfortable for some time with one of the interviewer who kept asking me same questions again and again. I did not get through the interview My bad luck. But over all its a good experience

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

First are introduce about yourself, your previous projects, what you have done. Followed by the logic questions, like the famous dropping eggs, and other. Then was asked some basic C++ questions, like vectors, links.