Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Canada

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

First are introduce about yourself, your previous projects, what you have done. Followed by the logic questions, like the famous dropping eggs, and other. Then was asked some basic C++ questions, like vectors, links.

Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was standard with nothing unusual. Reception warm and the interview was conducted in a professional manner which started and end in time. The interviewers were knowledgeable about their work, the organization and management style in the organization.

FIFA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

20 minute phone interview, asking about work experience, personality traits, and games that you play in your free time (you better have a nice list before going to the interview). They said they were going to schedule a technical interview, but they chose not to go along with our university, and cancelled all their interviews with students. First interview was not difficult at all though.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2016.

Interview

I completed the initial phone interview with a Talent Acquisition rep. It was scheduled for 30 minutes but only lasted about 20mins. The questions coming from the recruiter were standard screening interview and half the time was spent with me asking her questions. It felt a bit too short to really get an initial impression but, as I didn't get a follow up interview then maybe it was enough for them to decide.

Aata Analyst ( Business Intelligence Team) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I had a telephony interview first and the second in-person interview 1 hour with 2 of technical managers then half an hour with head of department.

It's been a month since I had interview and they still did not give any feedback

Interview Questions

• direct and to the point questions about what I have done before   1 Answer
    • how long would it takes usually for this company to reply on the interviews?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Very nice and helpful HR. The manager was very nice as well. Lots of Technical Questions. The interview was about 1 hour, but went a bit longer. Three person interviewed me. All of them seems very technical. Lots of analysis questions

Front-end Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an EA recruiter to check if I would be interested in the role. I've decided to move forward with the process. After the HR phone interview, I was told I will hear shortly what is the next step (if any). After few weeks and multiple emails on my part, I was invited for an on-site interview. Initially was told I will be interviewed by the manager and be given a code task, later on top of that it was also added that the entire team will be interviewing me.
    When I finally did meet the interviewer, after a short introduction, we basically jumped right away to the coding task and was asked if I brought my own laptop (which was never mentioned to me). The task itself was mostly HTML and CSS with little to no JS (it would be possible to get away without writing a single line of it actually).
    Interviewer raised few flags on the state of the development which I am not comfortable sharing due to the signed NDA. While the campus certainly is impressive, during my interaction I did not get a sense of a strong engineering culture which is something that is very important for me.
    Ultimately, they were not satisfied with my solution of the task and decided not to move forward with the process. I will not be seeking a position at EA in the future.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee, I applied for the job and in 2 days they called me back for an interview. I went for an interview and they wanted me to start as soon as possible. Seeing that I wanted to get into the industry I quit my job with no notice and started at EA a week later. They were not very flexible with my salary but I decided that it was still worth it. The interview process was a really easy and low key, we chatted casually about my previous work and life experience.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most defining work experience so far?   Answer Question

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with two lead of environment artist and two lead of lighting. They were two round, first 30 minutes with environment team and another 30 minutes with lighting team. They are very friendly. The interview was great and no difficult question. They asked me about process of work on my portfolio, what was mine favorite work, which tools do I use and what method, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe process of your work and which tools do you use?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter first contacts you to do the initial phone screening, if that goes well and additional phone call is scheduled with the hiring manager to determine if you'd be a good candidate for the role. After that has happened, the recruiter will reach out to you again to find a full day in your schedule for an on site interview. You meet several panels of interviewers throughout the day and are provided with a team member to have lunch with in the cafeteria. Depending on the level of seniority of the role, you'll be required to put together a presentation beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a conflict in your workplace and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • What's one improvement you'd suggest for our products?   Answer Question