Electronic Arts Data Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2018

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

An initial 30-40 minute phone call with a manager and an associate. Pleasant to speak with and friendly. It took about two weeks between the resume submission and the initial phone screen. The job description was rewritten prior to the interview and then described differently during the call. All in all it went well but by the end of the call it was apparent that the position was not what I expected. No feedback, good or bad, was given afterwards either.

Interview Questions

• What are table indexes, how many are there, and what differences do they have?   Answer Question
  • Write/describe a SQL statement that counts distinct values.   Answer Question
  • Write/describe a SQL statement that identifies null values using a left outer join.   Answer Question
  • What is a UDT?   Answer Question
  • What was your biggest failure? What is the difference between confidence and arrogance?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2015.

Interview

3 rounds - Phone Interview
    Each round had questions from SQL and Programming exercise.
    Each round is of approximately 1 hr.

SQL questions were related to given data schema, write queries for them. Questions were around self-joins, ordering, inner joins.

Programming questions were around ArrayLists

Interview Questions

• What are the type of joins in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Write a program to read a JSON file and convert it into data structure without using any inbuilt function   Answer Question
    • Give an array A of positive integers, for each index i, find closest predecessor which is less than or equal to A[i]   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on EA career Site and got a call after a month or so. Had an hour-long phone interview. It had two parts, an algorithm based question and another on design. The first question was based on permuting a string. The second question was about designing a search engine for a file system. Wasn't asked to code anything. The second round was an offline coding round, question was based on matrix traversal by a robot.

Interview Questions

• The file system design question was tricky and took some thought.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

HR reaches out to you asks for your availability.
    During technical interview they share a document with you for writing all you code.
    Some times there is a lag so always confirm if they have completed writing question.
    Also, ask questions if your are not sure what does the manager/interviewer.
    I was knocked out in 2 technical round.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are not tough.
      Need to know everything including Shell scripting, SQL, Data structure.   Answer Question
    • Find the starting node of loop in the singly link list.

A-B-C-D-E-C... So c is the starting node   1 Answer
    • SQL question

Assume data base with students
      Table with students final grades
      Name - Subject - Grade

1 Find the top 3 ranks.
      2 Find top 3 subject wise
      3 Find top 3 grade wise   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

After applied online, waited long time for interview or update. No email or followup.
    Got a phone call from one of team member without prior notice. No response after that.