Electronic Arts Game Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Game Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Electronic Arts

2.8

Game Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, interviewed with phone. Asked a few questions about game design. They were pretty easy and really depended on your personality. They told me to wait for further decision. I thought I messed up because I was very nervous.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Guildford, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Telephone Interview followed by on site interview.

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2007.

Interview

I applied through their online job application website, and through two connections; someone who work for them for years a long time ago, and someone who was working for them at the time.

About two weeks later, they contacted me to schedule an interview for their mobile department.

Everything went well, they scheduled a second interview with their console team the following week.

During that interview, they asked which position I would like more -- as they had two different positions, one in mobile, one in console -- and I answered truthfully.

I relocated and accepted their offer.

Overall, I found them pretty fast and efficient, although I was not expecting the 2nd interview. Maybe I applied for both positions through their online job application website but I can't remember.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate due to my lack of game development experience back then. Now I know better, a lot of websites give tips and I should have told them a range.

A) I'm sure you are offering competitive salaries according to the industry's standards.

B) I would accept anything between [x to y].

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through their portal. I was contacted in about 20 days by the HR, asking me to fix a phone interview. After the phone interview I got an in person interview at the studios. After this, another interview with the team was required. In between the interviews, the HR phoned me to ensure everything went well, and to get a feedback about the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at EA?   2 Answers
    • Are you interested in free to play mobile games?   1 Answer
    • What games are you playing?   1 Answer
    • What’s the core loop of our game (specific from that studio). Explain it in detail.   1 Answer
    • Who’s your inspiration as a game designer?   Answer Question
    • How would you organize a new project from the start?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us about your best project?   Answer Question
    • What would you add to our game?   Answer Question

Game Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through College. They Shortlisted my Portfolio and gave me a call to schedule the Telephonic Interview. Then I had a Technical Telephonic Interview. After that, they gave me the Design Task. Final was the HR Interview.