Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consists of three stages: 1. The recruiter will reach out to you. 2. Offline coding for 2 hours, 3. Onsite rounds. They were clear about it.
    I did not pass the offline coding round, so I can't comment on the onsite interview. I am giving the review for the offline coding problem.
    I have to agree with other reviewers who did the interview for the same position a month before me (see his/her Glassdoor review). The offline coding question is very vague. They won't provide you the dataset for the offline coding. It is quite annoying. In the given 2 hours, I can't google and find the clean dataset for the question. So you have to hand craft the dataset for your problem. The requirement is also unclear. Overall experience was not great. If you have another offer, I suggest you to ignore offline coding because it is just waste of your time.

IT Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview from the university relations recruiter. Consisted of a 15 minute description of job and responsibilities.
    Second round was a 40-minute interview which was behavioral and about my resume.
    Third round was a bit more technical .

Interview Questions

• Why Electronic Arts,
      What are the different types of risk at EA.
      Describe 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses
      How did you handle a situation when you had a conflict.
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2017.

Interview

I got contact by a recruiter after submit my resume at career fair, two interviews, both 1 hour, first was with a team member, second was with the team leader

Interview Questions

• first interview, machine learning questions, cover a lot of different algorithms
      second interview, python syntax questions, python packages, how to sort data that's way larger than the memory, but the question was asked in a very vague manner, at first I wasn't even sure he just wanted me to come up with a general algorithm, or write something that works, wasted a lot of time just figuring it out
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1.Introduce myself
    2.Ask algorithm problems. The problem is reverse the linked list. And another one (Sorry, I forgot the question, but it isn't hard).
    3. Ask the resume's problem.
    I mean, this interview is not so hard. But you need to pay attention to the communication.
    The interviewer would ask you to use test case to run your code by hand.

Interview Questions

• 1.Introduce myself
      3. Ask the resume's problem.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was given a data science challenge to solve in 2 hours. The assignment instructions were very ambiguous and the problem related to search indexes was pretty generic/un-inspiring. When asked a few questions the interviewer prompted to use an elementary solution. There were no sample test cases provided. Nothing specific was mentioned in the final feedback as well. Quiet disappointed in this manner of testing.

Interview Questions

• Two hour long data science coding challenge.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2017.

Interview

At first, ask me about some question related to databases.
    Then, coding problems. And they will guide you step by step when you cannot figure it out.
    It is a phone technological interview and the recruiter is kind of nice.
    When I asked for more days to prepare my interview, they saied yes right away.

Interview Questions

• Find the distinct elements in two arrays.   1 Answer

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very extensive. Talked to 12 people before I got the offer. Interviewers were Hiring manager, peers, direct report, business partners and Sr. Finance management. The process was very smooth and HR was great at coordinating, communicating and being timely in the process.

Associate Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL).

Interview

I applied via their careers page. About a week later, I got an update via e-mail that I was going to be receiving a phone call. Got the call two days later, set up the interview time for the week after, came in for the interview. It was pretty straight forward; they asked about my familiarity with certain engines (they use a proprietary engine, so hands-on experience is impossible) and how I would handle certain group- and task-oriented scenarios, asked if I would be interested in any other positions and ended with "Do you have any questions for us?". Afterwards, I was given a tour of the building and was told I would hear back as soon as a decision was made, regardless of the result. After two weeks of not hearing anything, I called back. I was told they decided to take in more applications and that a decision hadn't been made yet. I called again two weeks later with no answer, I left a message that went unanswered. I sent and e-mail that also went unanswered. I called one last time about a week later and left a final, unanswered message.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an on-campus recruiting interview. The interviewer came from The Sims (one of the my favorite childhood game) team. The whole process was comfortable and the general difficulty was average level.

Interview Questions

• Stat questions / Market Strategies / How would you evaluate an existed product / If you have chance to design and promote a new event in the Sims, what kind of event would it be...such as these   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The whole process was initially slow but once they have interest in you it started moving a lot faster. Had a phone screen, then a interview with the lead and then an onsite interview. The interviews were pretty laid back. No dumb questions like what is your biggest weakness.