Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.8

IT Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Applied on the careers site. First interview was a 15 minute call with the recruiter about the position. Second interview was with a member of the IT team. It wasn't really a traditional interview but I was asked about my experience with hardware and software.

It was more a laundry list of items more so than an actual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consists of three stages: 1. The recruiter will reach out to you. 2. Offline coding for 2 hours, 3. Onsite rounds. They were clear about it.
    I did not pass the offline coding round, so I can't comment on the onsite interview. I am giving the review for the offline coding problem.
    I have to agree with other reviewers who did the interview for the same position a month before me (see his/her Glassdoor review). The offline coding question is very vague. They won't provide you the dataset for the offline coding. It is quite annoying. In the given 2 hours, I can't google and find the clean dataset for the question. So you have to hand craft the dataset for your problem. The requirement is also unclear. Overall experience was not great. If you have another offer, I suggest you to ignore offline coding because it is just waste of your time.

Assistant Media Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position, got an e-mail for phone screening. Then got a phone call from Eric Inamine.

It was one of the WEIRDEST phone screenings l ever had in my life. Questions were very absurd. I applied for a very specific position and he was asking me questions that are not related to the position. Then he was so awkward in terms of asking questions, l had to close the phone screening. No wonder people don't like EA.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself.
      After asking series of questions, l got "So, what kind of position you are looking for?" WHAT ? Have you even looked at my resume buddy ?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Structured, very formal and professional. Make the applier feel welcomed and at home. No stress included, but yet held their head high. Thank you EA for such a good experience!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with working with a large community.   1 Answer

IT Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview from the university relations recruiter. Consisted of a 15 minute description of job and responsibilities.
    Second round was a 40-minute interview which was behavioral and about my resume.
    Third round was a bit more technical .

Interview Questions

• Why Electronic Arts,
      What are the different types of risk at EA.
      Describe 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses
      How did you handle a situation when you had a conflict.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2017.

Interview

I got contact by a recruiter after submit my resume at career fair, two interviews, both 1 hour, first was with a team member, second was with the team leader

Interview Questions

• first interview, machine learning questions, cover a lot of different algorithms
      second interview, python syntax questions, python packages, how to sort data that's way larger than the memory, but the question was asked in a very vague manner, at first I wasn't even sure he just wanted me to come up with a general algorithm, or write something that works, wasted a lot of time just figuring it out   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2017.

Interview

Very very negative experience. Passed phone screen interview and another 2-hour phone interview, then I was invited for an on-site interview. I had 4 rounds of interviews and during one of them, the interviewers kept texting on his phone. Moreover, I was told I was not qualified for the position and they never reimbursed me. I emailed the HR a few times, but they disappeared. Can't image a big company like EA would do this to an interview candidate. Luckily I didn't get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1.Introduce myself
    2.Ask algorithm problems. The problem is reverse the linked list. And another one (Sorry, I forgot the question, but it isn't hard).
    3. Ask the resume's problem.
    I mean, this interview is not so hard. But you need to pay attention to the communication.
    The interviewer would ask you to use test case to run your code by hand.

Interview Questions

• 1.Introduce myself
      3. Ask the resume's problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was given a data science challenge to solve in 2 hours. The assignment instructions were very ambiguous and the problem related to search indexes was pretty generic/un-inspiring. When asked a few questions the interviewer prompted to use an elementary solution. There were no sample test cases provided. Nothing specific was mentioned in the final feedback as well. Quiet disappointed in this manner of testing.

Interview Questions

• Two hour long data science coding challenge.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2017.

Interview

At first, ask me about some question related to databases.
    Then, coding problems. And they will guide you step by step when you cannot figure it out.
    It is a phone technological interview and the recruiter is kind of nice.
    When I asked for more days to prepare my interview, they saied yes right away.

Interview Questions

• Find the distinct elements in two arrays.   1 Answer