Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

It was a 45 min or 1 hour on campus interview. I come in and they ask me the usual EA questions: what were your past projects, what video games do/did you play, what do you know about EA? Then they ask me the interview question, which is to 'print out all the nodes at each level of a tree'.

So then I explain what I'm doing and do it. The interviewer is annoyed that I'm explaining stuff to her instead of actually coding. She doesn't say anything the entire time except yes/no. Then after I code it, my solution works, except I didn't erase one unneeded line. She spends 5-10 minutes lecturing me about that line. Are you kidding me?

Interview Questions

• print out all the nodes at each level of a tree   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First round is kind of a behavioural round on phone for 15 minutes. Waiting for their response. Not sure if there could be some other rounds. The person who called me is friendly and calmly listening to me as I was talking about myself.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. what is your career goal
      3. Tell me about your previous job (as I have experience )
      4. What is the interesting part of your academics
      5. Do you have any questions to ask me
      Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiting team promote EA at campus and applied through email with the HR. Two phone screen interviews, one day back to back six onsite interviews. Each interview lasts an hour, coding questions are simple.Recruiting team promote EA at campus and applied through email with the HR. Two phone screen interviews, one day back to back six onsite interviews. Each interview lasts an hour, coding questions are simple.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in March 2016.

Interview

I went through a series of three 45-minute phone interviews. The first was mostly talking about the position and any questions I had about being a PM, and then over the weekend I had to do technical work and submit analysis reports. The second interview was technical, and I had to explain the analysis I had done. The last 45 minute interview was more behavioral.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

An initial 30-40 minute phone call with a manager and an associate. Pleasant to speak with and friendly. It took about two weeks between the resume submission and the initial phone screen. The job description was rewritten prior to the interview and then described differently during the call. All in all it went well but by the end of the call it was apparent that the position was not what I expected. No feedback, good or bad, was given afterwards either.

Interview Questions

• What are table indexes, how many are there, and what differences do they have?   Answer Question
    • Write/describe a SQL statement that counts distinct values.   Answer Question
    • Write/describe a SQL statement that identifies null values using a left outer join.   Answer Question
    • What is a UDT?   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest failure? What is the difference between confidence and arrogance?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was given the job lead from a connection on Linked In. I had a phone interview set up with the hiring manager the following week. Over the next 4 weeks, I had four additional phone interviews and 2 on-site interviews with 4 groups of people, and got the office tour.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, with some direct yes/no questions about my experience. I also was given a few logic puzzles from the engineering team to test my problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Associate Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy, I had a skype interview since I was currently living in southern California. They didn't try to ask any irrelevant trick questions so I was able to answer everything with complete ease, honesty, and confidence.I felt like I talked way more than what they had asked for, therefore they had a lot to gauge about my personality.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

I started by applying online on the EA website. Less than a week later I got an email from a EA recruiter that they wanted to start the interview process.
    First was a phone call with a member of the team. Was less than 30 minutes, just going over resume and talking about stuff I'd like to work on at EA. Later that week, I was told I passed the interview and would be going on to the next/final round.
    Final round was a phone call with the director of the department and another high level employee. Once again we talked in depth about projects, work experience, and what kind of projects I would work on / stuff I want to learn at the company. No specific technical questions.
    Soon after, heard from the recruiter that they'd be offering me a position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through job portal in November. Didnt get any response for couple of months. Reached out to one of the recruiters in linkedin and finally got a telephonic interview scheduled. Didnt get any feedback on the interview for a couple of days. reached out to recruiter again and got a note saying interviewer felt it was not a good fit. Not a good overall experience for me..Need extreme patience to get through the process.

Character Modeler - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and knew someone in the company who also helped me in getting noticed. I received a phone interview about a week or two later. The Phone interview was casual. The recruiter asked me some generic questions ("tell me about yourself") and explained some of the job details. After he and I were finished asking questions, he asked me what I would expect in pay. A week later, I receive another call from the recruiter asking for an in-person interview at the company with two seniors members. That interview was also very casual and they asked very few, non-technical questions. About two days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become interested in 3D?
      What is your favorite portfolio piece?
      Answer Question