Electronic Arts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2015.

Interview

One call with a university recruiter, followed by two fairly short (30 min or so) with two potential hiring managers. They mostly asked behavioral questions and wanted more explanation of the past roles listed on my resume, pretty easy stuff for the most part. Got the call with the offer from the recruiter a little later.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate team members to devote their effort to a project?   Answer Question

Quality Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of one phone call with the manager and a testing engineer. It was almost exclusively behavioral, but I was briefly asked about my knowledge of testing frameworks and methodologies. I was contacted within the same day by a University Relations lady and received an offer.

Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Told me I was interviewing with one person, via Skype. That person calls says hold on and gets 3 other people to come in instead. Awkwardly they set up and the interview is off to an uneasy start. I try to engage them, be outgoing and friendly but they seem very uninterested and do not loosen up so the interview never feels like a conversation. Overall, seems very cold and awkward.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to complete this shot? Do you play the game? Why did you get into animation?   Answer Question

Game Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position through EA's website. That afternoon I got a call from a recruiter saying my resume was interesting, was I okay with the $12 an hour, was now a good time to talk? It was not a good time, so we scheduled a time for them to call me the next morning at 10. 10 came and went, no call. After waiting an hour I had some appointments to keep, so about 3 pm I called to ask what had happened, I was available to talk in the afternoon if needed. No answer so I left a message. An hour later, I got a call back saying that my resume had been passed around and no one was interested. I pressed for some answers and got nothing, no reason for the delay, no reason for the reversal in interest, not even a "have a nice day." Last time I apply to EA for a job, in any capacity.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Same thing I've heard in every interview for anything. Strengths, weaknesses. Name a situation where you [insert mundane issue that need resolution]. You're not going to find anything differently here than anything you've done at any call center. They'll sure try to sell you on the opposite notion though.

Interview Questions

• Why are youbthe right person for this job?   1 Answer
    • Why does it appear that your duties have been neglected of your normal job? (Even though you just told me that you've been doing the job you are applying for in the interim for months)   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Large group interview that breaks up into 1 on 1 interviews. You are asked about games and knowledge about EA. Pay attention to how you answer these questions, it is how you get assigned to a project. Depending on how you answer you could be assigned to a handheld my little pony game, you will test this for 40 hours a week every week. This is obviously less desirable than testing an online multiplayer or larger title.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with RockBand, the Sims or Madden?   1 Answer

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

I submitted my resume to University Recruiter. 2 weeks after that, I was approached by a recruiter asking if I am interested in a certain position. I replied and then went into interview with a lead programmer in the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an email from ea recruiter that they have this job opportunity if you are interested. Then they scheduled my interview after a week so there was a lot of time for preparation. It was phone interview and we have to code online. Interviewer was pretty helpful. Overall it was good experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone conference with several EA people, which lasted about 45 minutes. It was quite casual. We discussed my past research experience and they also talked about their work and the projects they are involved in. They did ask me questions related to the algorithms and methods I have employed in my classes and research, but nothing more specific than that.

Interview Questions

• Would going from pc to a mobile platform be a problem in terms performance?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty lengthy, but not hard. I received an email from a recruiter a few weeks after I applied and we scheduled a date for a phone interview. I made it passed the phone screen and was invited to headquarters to meet with members of the team. It was set up so I would have three 30 min interviews back to back with members in low to high positions. The last person I was supposed to meet with ended up having to reschedule so I ended up having a phone interview a few days later. Finally after that I was emailed by the recruiter letting me know that the team like me and wanted me to move onto the final round. This was an interview with the VP of Marketing (North America). A few days after my interview with him I received another email from the recruiter letting me know that the team would like to extend an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experiences and background, why I want to work for EA, strengths and weaknesses, experience with video games, marketing related questions, etc.   Answer Question