Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Montreal, QC

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Friend recommendation, then submit resume, wait for the interview.
    Interview with a quick test about quality assurance, especially about game.
    Then one to one interview. After that, wait for the result.
    Two days later, I got the email feedback. I passed the interview and got the offer.
    Generally speaking, the interview is not difficult, but time for answer question is seems just enough. So good luck for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about game defect are not very familiar, and the graphics are quick unclear, so we need to guess and answer. But the basic quality assurance knowledge are important. This job is better for young people who play EA games often.   Answer Question

Franchise Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Wow, I've never had six phone interviews over a three month period and deal with three different recruiters all for the same position. Disappointed that I never got invited to Montreal as they ended up promoting someone from within. Simply, not a great exp but I do blame it on the turmoil that EA has been going through recently and wish them the best.

Interview Questions

• If you could design a mobile game what game would you make?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

After applying online I heard back from an EA recruiter within a few days letting me know that the Technical Director wasn't currently out of town, but would have my resume to review as soon as he got back.

About two weeks later i was asked to come in for an interview. They were able to work with my availability and scheduled an interview time that worked for both of us. A week later the day of the interview came. The recruiter gave me a tour of the studio, giving me some info on the company and the industry as a whole. It was an excellent ice breaker and calmed my nerves. When it was time for the interview the recruiter told me that the Technical Director would be running a little late so instead he introduced me to one of the producers. We went for coffee and chatted about the project that i would be working on.

When the technical director arrived that's when the real interview started. The interview consisted of only a few typical quiz like questions. These questions were what i would consider the "dummy test". If you couldn't answer these first few questions there was no point in going any farther because I obviously lied about my experience with the technologies on my resume. The rest of the interview consisted of me explaining my previosu experience and projects. This is where natural enthusiasm and interest play a big part.

The recruiter came back and as he was escorting me he asked if i would mind hanging around so that i could meet the executive producer. 20 minutes later my 2nd interview began. He asked about my education background, my work experience, why i was interested in the job/EA, etc... Followed by answering any questions i had.

The week following the interview involved a lot of back and forth with the recruiter, sending them my university transcripts, current compensation, etc...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional week vacation as well as a better base salary. I found that the recruiter was friendly and fair with the negotiation process. I was leaving another job to pursue this new opportunity so i needed to feel like the offer i was getting was worth making the switch. They fully met my expectations and i felt very satisfied with the end result.

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2007.

Interview

I applied through their online job application website, and through two connections; someone who work for them for years a long time ago, and someone who was working for them at the time.

About two weeks later, they contacted me to schedule an interview for their mobile department.

Everything went well, they scheduled a second interview with their console team the following week.

During that interview, they asked which position I would like more -- as they had two different positions, one in mobile, one in console -- and I answered truthfully.

I relocated and accepted their offer.

Overall, I found them pretty fast and efficient, although I was not expecting the 2nd interview. Maybe I applied for both positions through their online job application website but I can't remember.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate due to my lack of game development experience back then. Now I know better, a lot of websites give tips and I should have told them a range.

A) I'm sure you are offering competitive salaries according to the industry's standards.

B) I would accept anything between [x to y].