Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Orlando, FL

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was given the job lead from a connection on Linked In. I had a phone interview set up with the hiring manager the following week. Over the next 4 weeks, I had four additional phone interviews and 2 on-site interviews with 4 groups of people, and got the office tour.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, with some direct yes/no questions about my experience. I also was given a few logic puzzles from the engineering team to test my problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Character Modeler - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and knew someone in the company who also helped me in getting noticed. I received a phone interview about a week or two later. The Phone interview was casual. The recruiter asked me some generic questions ("tell me about yourself") and explained some of the job details. After he and I were finished asking questions, he asked me what I would expect in pay. A week later, I receive another call from the recruiter asking for an in-person interview at the company with two seniors members. That interview was also very casual and they asked very few, non-technical questions. About two days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you become interested in 3D?
      What is your favorite portfolio piece?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website and within a month I got the interview call. The interview was a telephonic one. They asked me what all I had in my resume and it was kind of rapid fire. Some of the answers which I was saying to him was stopped and the interviewer continued to the next set of questions. He was just looking for key words and once I said those key words for any question he would just continue with the next question.The interview was short and it lasted for less than 30 min. Then in couple of days i was scheduled for another interview with the hiring manager. It was a behavioral type of interview. Then the next week i got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is STP?
      What is OSPF?
      What all skills mentioned in the resume
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone conference with several EA people, which lasted about 45 minutes. It was quite casual. We discussed my past research experience and they also talked about their work and the projects they are involved in. They did ask me questions related to the algorithms and methods I have employed in my classes and research, but nothing more specific than that.

Interview Questions

• Would going from pc to a mobile platform be a problem in terms performance?   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Process took 6 weeks. 4 interviews
    1st HR
    2nd Technical with Manager. 1 Manager
    3rd Very very technical and scenario based with 10 scenrario's. 1 engineer
    4th Qausi technical with Sr network engineers 2 engineers

Prepare for your interview and nail it.

Interview Questions

• Highly technical. Prepare all concepts starting from CCNA to CCIE switching and routing   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth, quick and well organized. HR department made contact in a timely manner. HR Department did phone screening and then passed of to the leader in the area. Had an in person interview which was very interactive, employees are very friendly and forecoming. Overall positive experience interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were appropriate for the position. High level questions were asked and then detailed were followed up with 2nd and 3rd round detailed interviews.   Answer Question

New Grad - Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview process was long. Took me almost 2 months to get to the final round.I contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn, She sent my resume for a review with the hiring manager.
    Round 1 :- Phone interview with hiring manager, Product manager and Product Designer
    Question :- Which games do you play?
                         Rate your SQL and Data Analysis Skill
                         Past projects and Intern Experience

Round 2 :- Online Test on SQL queries and Analytical situation's

Round 3 ( Final Round) :- After almost 2 months I was told to fly down to Orlando for the Final Round. There we 3 interview in total ( all panel). They do lot of white boarding. I was asked to write SQL queries and was made to draw E-R diagram. A lot of question were analytical and few behavioral.

People at EA are very smart and know their work well. Relaxed culture, great place and smart people.

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was originally hired as QA and was promoted into design. All I know about the interview process is that it is a panel interview by a manager and others working in your job class. For engineers, you will need to take a programming test.

Interview Questions

• When interviewing for QA, I was asked a few minutes in to tell the interviewers what their names were.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Process included a phone screening, in-person timed test written by EA which includes various questions on programming, video game design as it pertains to usage of limited hardware like a console dev kit, and some other tricky things. After passing this test, interview(s) will be conducted by the team(s) interested in adding you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in video games before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I personally did not really negotiate because I was more than happy to get the job and it was slightly more than I was being paid anyway (plus it was paid hourly).

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very organized and quickly implemented for each phase. I very much liked their process and questioning with all of the big wigs. The peer to peer interview with other technical directors was, let's say, interesting. In my opinion they could have been a little more organized and professional in their line of questioning, and the picture they painted of Tiburon was not favorable imo (which only confirmed stores I've heard from other former employees and recruiters). From the peer interview alone you could tell there were some big egos at Tiburon, but if you can navigate the politics, a potentially fun place to work.

Cowboy coding at it's best, it's just a disorganized free for all of young coders working almost criminally long hours, hot shot egos, virtually no quality assurance or oversight, and lower pay compared to similar opportunities in the Orlando area. You HAVE to love gaming to put up with it, not have a life or family, and be prepared to burn yourself out of the place within a few years JUST so you can say you've worked at EA. Tiburon felt more like a career stepping stone than a place people call home for decades, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

Every single person I've met that have worked at Tiburon, or have placed contractors there, all say the same things to me about it:
    - If you're looking for money, this isn't your destination
    - If you want to have a normal work schedule, look elsewhere. Expect to work crazy hours, and be a glorified technical slave during crunch times
    - QA, what's that? If you like a cowboy coding free for all with poor technical oversight, big egos, and last minute disorganized decision making... hey, you'll love this place. Most professionals, however, will not.

Overall, I think the interview process was enjoyable and very easy. Compared to other places, where you are grilled technically and white boarded for up to 6 hours (yes, an entire day), this place is a breeze. But at the end of the day, you need to understand clearly what you're signing up for, and why you want to be there, otherwise you'll be like so many other EA employees... moving on.

Interview Questions

• I honestly didn't find any question they asked difficult, however, they did discuss some topics that didn't seem at all related to the position for some strange reason. Perhaps they were confused for which position I was actually interviewing for. If you have a handle on project management, quality assurance techniques, architectural software design patterns, and a love for gaming, you'll be fine.   Answer Question