Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call in July after applying in May for a position that I didn't even apply to but worked well with my skill set. The recruiter tells me that someone will contact me the next day to set up an interview time. I do get a call to come in the next week and a confirmation email the next day.

So I visited for an onsite interview and meet the team, which were a really great set of people. A team of 5 I think with the development manager. Each of them asked me questions and it looks as if they had a set agenda of what they planned to accomplish in the interview.

First I was asked about my education and employment experience, then technical questions (C#, SQL, Concurrency, OO Principles etc.), then questions about teamwork, constant changes in requirements, and time management. Next they asked if I had any specific questions. And that was the whole interview and it only took an hour, which is was the whole time allotted.

Finally I needed to take the skills test (which apparently takes 3 hours) but apparently IT was having computer issues so HR said they would email it to me. I sent everyone thank you notes the next day and asked the talent coordinator when I would expect to get an email for the test. I asked once a week for a month and then two weeks later I asked if I was still being considered for the position because I haven't received anything yet and the position is still posted... No reply so I called, and was told someone should be getting in touch with me the next day and she gave me a number just in case...no call so I called and left a message. I sent her an email, no reply. I called again (a week after my message and email) and it now goes straight to voicemail. How crummy! After some research I now know that EA is pretty notorious for leaving people in the dark, it's like they never applied for a job before!

The position is stil posted, so maybe they just haven't updated the site yet.

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I was originally hired as QA and was promoted into design. All I know about the interview process is that it is a panel interview by a manager and others working in your job class. For engineers, you will need to take a programming test.

Interview Questions

• When interviewing for QA, I was asked a few minutes in to tell the interviewers what their names were.   Answer Question

Associate Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

One Phone interview with recruiter then 1 in person interview with 2 Different Senior Development Directors and 1 Mid level Development Manager. Response given within two weeks of in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience and familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online a week before the Christmas/New Year's break, so I did not expect to hear back until after the new year. About a month after I applied (due to the break), I got an email back from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straightforward. He mainly wanted to check to make sure the skills I had on my resume were accurate, and that I had knowledge of sports (football and basketball mainly) and EA Sports games in general, since I would be working on one of their sports titles. During the call, he scheduled me for an in-person interview later that week. The recruiter was very heplful, and answered all of my questions very thoroughly. He also gave me some information on what to expect for the interview. The in-person interview was conducted at EA Tiburon, which is where I applied to. There was supposed to be a panel of three people, but only two showed for the majority of the interview (the third person came in as the interview was ending). One of the people that showed up was not scheduled to be there (according to the information given to me by the recruiter), but he was nice to talk to, so I did not see it as a problem. In general, they went over my resume and experience, and asked me questions based off of the things I mentioned in my resume and requirements for the job I applied for. Afterwards, the recruiter gave me a tour of the studio and answered any final questions I had. He told me I would be expecting to hear back from them in the next 4-5 days. I just had the interview a couple of days ago, so I did not hear back from them yet.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in May 2007.

Interview

The interview process is very formal, campus interview -> phone interview -> onsite.
    You will need accomplish a paper test onsite, followed by a lunch and a group interview.
    All interviewers are very nice and professional. The test is hard to finish in time so plan it and do your best.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Five stage interviews two with recruiters and three with technical senior engineers and managers. First two was behavioral, light technical questions and culture fit. Third interview consist of more behavioral but a little more in depth technical and panel. The rest was more technical but not what expected. All interviews went perfect except the last one I got asked a c question for c++ position threw me off but remembered at end of interview. I had a lot of experience in c++ but they only asked me two simple questions and I got one right and other half right the C . Wasn’t a fair assessment of my skills but what are you going to do. Think the last two weren’t good at interviewing. Got feed back from recruiters and it didn’t make any sense said I had good experience with Action Script and in fact I don’t. Thought I would make the cut but don’t know what happened. Maybe some sort of mix up which was very disappointing. But my impression was the onsite interview would have been intense all day c++ problem solving with game math such as matrices etc typical stuff

Interview Questions

• What’s the difference between new Vs. malloc   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Was flown to orlando, picked up at the airport, driven to Tiburon, and given a written programming test. It included writing a basic linked list, and a question on the min number of cycles I could optimize some assembly in. The interviewers were friendly and took me out to lunch afterwords

Interview Questions

• Implement a linked list, and write some assembly   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Process included a phone screening, in-person timed test written by EA which includes various questions on programming, video game design as it pertains to usage of limited hardware like a console dev kit, and some other tricky things. After passing this test, interview(s) will be conducted by the team(s) interested in adding you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in video games before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I personally did not really negotiate because I was more than happy to get the job and it was slightly more than I was being paid anyway (plus it was paid hourly).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website and within a month I got the interview call. The interview was a telephonic one. They asked me what all I had in my resume and it was kind of rapid fire. Some of the answers which I was saying to him was stopped and the interviewer continued to the next set of questions. He was just looking for key words and once I said those key words for any question he would just continue with the next question.The interview was short and it lasted for less than 30 min. Then in couple of days i was scheduled for another interview with the hiring manager. It was a behavioral type of interview. Then the next week i got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is STP?
      What is OSPF?
      What all skills mentioned in the resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone conference with several EA people, which lasted about 45 minutes. It was quite casual. We discussed my past research experience and they also talked about their work and the projects they are involved in. They did ask me questions related to the algorithms and methods I have employed in my classes and research, but nothing more specific than that.

Interview Questions

• Would going from pc to a mobile platform be a problem in terms performance?   1 Answer