Electronic Arts QA Tester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts QA Tester Interview Questions

Interviews at Electronic Arts

2.1

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Short interview with a few of the higher-ups that ultimately didn't seem all that necessary for the role. Standard, basic questions about opinions and rankings of values for different glitches and errors.

Interview Questions

• Questions about specific glitches found, how you would handle errors, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

There is an initial phone interview followed by on site interview. Phone interview is called at random between 11-6pm. On site interview was with 2 leads. It was casual, not too intimidating, and they seemed welcoming and genuine.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2018.

Interview

There is a brief phone interview, then you are called in for a panel type interview with 2-3 people. Questions are about work experience, some technical skills, and some scenario type questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change course because you were in danger of or had already failed to meet a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a Manager or Co-worker/Classmate and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Large room, with rows of tables occupied by current employees behind one another. You're seated, and they ask you a series of questions regarding working conditions, hardware experience etc. There's not really much to it aside from that.

Interview Questions

• If you had one console to play for the rest of your life, what would it be?   4 Answers
    • You may have to spend long periods of time in small spaces with other employees. How do you feel about that?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a call about a day or two after applying online. It was very laid back as the recruiter went through a questionnaire with me that included questions about my video game preferences, reason for applying, and informed me on what a tester does. We scheduled a date for an interview after.

The interview was also laid back, the questions were more involved though. It was panel style with two of the project leads. Most of the questions were about theoretical testing situations and how I would handle them, other questions were about how I would handle real life situations (how to handle an argument with coworkers etc.). The two guys were pretty relaxed so that helped me relax a little too. They were pretty nice and I had an overall positive experience during the interview and tour at the end.

Interview Questions

• What's a bug that you remember encountering in a game?   Answer Question
    • Let's say that you got a game to test on PC, consoles, and on mobile phone, what ways would you test these 3 platforms differently from another? As in how would you test the PC build differently from the console and mobile build and so on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Face to face interview w/ 3 people. The position was an entry level type position and was low-paying. It was my first job on the West Coast so I was trying very hard to get it. I don't know if EA conducts their interviews for play testers in a 3 person panel type interview or not, this was about 15 years ago.

Interview Questions

• How would you best describe yourself w/ 1 word   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was asked a series of questions pertaining to qa testing and how to handle certain things. Was given scenarios and asked how i would go about solving them, as well as my understanding of certain things

Interview Questions

• The difference between playing and testing a game   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Large group interview that breaks up into 1 on 1 interviews. You are asked about games and knowledge about EA. Pay attention to how you answer these questions, it is how you get assigned to a project. Depending on how you answer you could be assigned to a handheld my little pony game, you will test this for 40 hours a week every week. This is obviously less desirable than testing an online multiplayer or larger title.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with RockBand, the Sims or Madden?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Honestly I was shocked at how easy it truly was. I applied and submitted my resume to EA, heard back in 2 days to discuss the job and I assume to gage if I am a fit. At this point I was offered a face to face with two QA supervisors. That was scheduled for 2 days after the email I received asking if I was interested and the phone interview. During this interview they for the most part want to just talk to you and see how much knowledge you have about various things. Mainly EA and sports. The did ask what languages I could code but only after I brought it up. They then will ask why are you a good fit here? Just be honest with them part of this is psychological. After that they ask if I have any questions to which I ask about advancement within the company. After the interview finishes you are given a tour. Not very big but for anyone that grew up playing ea sports it's neat none the less. This whole process took maybe 45 min tops. No puzzles no tests nothing like that. They will ask about things on your resume so be up on what's in there. After the interview it took about two weeks from the initial phone call to be offered a job. Now to be honest I was very annoying about asking for updates. My recruiters were so awesome about that. That being being said I honestly think that persistence got me hired.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been playing ea sports titles?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work here doing this job?   1 Answer
    • I removed another question for this one because I feel it's important. They also asked what my favorite EA sports title was and what the worst was and why? Did I find any bugs in them even after release.   1 Answer
    • Asked what code I can read but didn't really dive it to it at all. More like a question in passing.   1 Answer
    • Asked about my beta testing experience. What bugs I found etc.   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

I went through the process at the Redwood City campus. The interview itself wasn't really that intimidating. It kind of felt like you're at a speed dating event. The hiring managers ask you typical questions like "why did you choose EA?" or "what is your background?" There were some who just wanted to start up a conversation as if you are eating out with a friend. The second part was pretty much a tour of the campus. If you end up getting an interview, there is a high chance that you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• How would your background in Aircraft Maintenance be applied to EA?   1 Answer