Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consists of three stages: 1. The recruiter will reach out to you. 2. Offline coding for 2 hours, 3. Onsite rounds. They were clear about it.
    I did not pass the offline coding round, so I can't comment on the onsite interview. I am giving the review for the offline coding problem.
    I have to agree with other reviewers who did the interview for the same position a month before me (see his/her Glassdoor review). The offline coding question is very vague. They won't provide you the dataset for the offline coding. It is quite annoying. In the given 2 hours, I can't google and find the clean dataset for the question. So you have to hand craft the dataset for your problem. The requirement is also unclear. Overall experience was not great. If you have another offer, I suggest you to ignore offline coding because it is just waste of your time.

Assistant Media Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position, got an e-mail for phone screening. Then got a phone call from Eric Inamine.

It was one of the WEIRDEST phone screenings l ever had in my life. Questions were very absurd. I applied for a very specific position and he was asking me questions that are not related to the position. Then he was so awkward in terms of asking questions, l had to close the phone screening. No wonder people don't like EA.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself.
      After asking series of questions, l got "So, what kind of position you are looking for?" WHAT ? Have you even looked at my resume buddy ?
      Answer Question

Animator Interview

Application

Interview

The whole process was initially slow but once they have interest in you it started moving a lot faster. Had a phone screen, then a interview with the lead and then an onsite interview. The interviews were pretty laid back. No dumb questions like what is your biggest weakness.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Face to face interview w/ 3 people. The position was an entry level type position and was low-paying. It was my first job on the West Coast so I was trying very hard to get it. I don't know if EA conducts their interviews for play testers in a 3 person panel type interview or not, this was about 15 years ago.

Interview Questions

• How would you best describe yourself w/ 1 word   1 Answer

IP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Initial contact via phone after applying online, separately interviewed with HR recruiter and hiring manager. Was flown in for in-person interviews. Met with most of the team, and a few minutes with the department VP were added on after the interviews got started.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any loopy questions. Just the standard stuff.   Answer Question

Email Campaign Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Recruiter called Early May. Had over the phone interview with hiring manager. Given a pretty basic HTML knowledge test. Had four in office interviews on May 23. Up until that point everything had been a positive experience and moved pretty quick. However, from here on out it was awful. I was told I would have an update the next week. And they continued to tell me that for over a month. They were never the ones to initiate contact. I always had to be the one to reach out and ask for an update. They finally asked me over a month later on June 28 if I would be interested in a contract role. I said yes and we went over details of the contract. After going over all those details they then told me that it wasn't guaranteed and would review with the hiring manager and get back to me shortly. I was then told a month later, July 24, after I had to reach out again that they went with someone else.

Outside of the two month period where I felt like I was being completely ignored the interview process was really great and easy, but the last portion unfortunately ruined this process for me.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process lasted about half a year. I interviewed with 8-10 different people or groups each asking about my personal experiences in managing small teams and difficult scenarios. I think the most difficult interviews were the one in person and the interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Management asked more about my experience at my previous employer and the skills I provided/ processes established.   1 Answer

Object Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Typical interview process where you first get a call from a recruiter to set up a day and time for an on-site interview. The people interviewing were great and open about what it was like working there and what was expected from the position. I did feel that the interview was a little too long for this role, it lasted two and a half hours and I interviewed with eight different people. They all asked almost the exact same questions which made it feel a bit redundant, by the time I got to the last few people I was already tired of answering the same questions. It just seemed unnecessarily long for the role, specially because it was for a temporary position. Some of the people interviewing weren't even people whom I was going to be working closely with on a daily basis on the job.

Interview Questions

• Show us and describe the work you have on your online portfolio. Are you comfortable with a very technical pipeline?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through job portal in November. Didnt get any response for couple of months. Reached out to one of the recruiters in linkedin and finally got a telephonic interview scheduled. Didnt get any feedback on the interview for a couple of days. reached out to recruiter again and got a note saying interviewer felt it was not a good fit. Not a good overall experience for me..Need extreme patience to get through the process.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty lengthy, but not hard. I received an email from a recruiter a few weeks after I applied and we scheduled a date for a phone interview. I made it passed the phone screen and was invited to headquarters to meet with members of the team. It was set up so I would have three 30 min interviews back to back with members in low to high positions. The last person I was supposed to meet with ended up having to reschedule so I ended up having a phone interview a few days later. Finally after that I was emailed by the recruiter letting me know that the team like me and wanted me to move onto the final round. This was an interview with the VP of Marketing (North America). A few days after my interview with him I received another email from the recruiter letting me know that the team would like to extend an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experiences and background, why I want to work for EA, strengths and weaknesses, experience with video games, marketing related questions, etc.   Answer Question