Electronic Arts Interview Questions in Redwood Shores, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Electronic Arts

Sort:

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 groups. Panel interview for one full afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to code on whiteboard by disgruntled employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview since I was at college at the time of the application process. The interviewer described the tasks/work the internship entailed and asked about my experience. The interviewer asked a series of personality, experience and other various questions. Overall, it was a good experience and I heard back after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 attributes that you believe someone else would say you have.   Answer Question

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I met with the recruiter first who gave me a tour of the campus then was put into an uncomfortably warm room and spent an hour with several pairs of people. They would tag team questions and some were very probing with their questions and seemed to care about finding the right fit while others just wanted you to jump through technical hoops. One of the engineers, in particular, had a pretty negative attitude and had this strange habit of saying "no, I expected this answer" and then stating something very similar to my answer as though he wasn't really listening. That bit was frustrating but most of the interviews were pretty straightforward. If you've been working on large AAA projects recently then there was no gotcha questions.

Interview Questions

• Using just basic vector math, rotate on vector around another.   1 Answer

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communications and interview planning went well. I liked the interview pane. I think i would have liked the culture of the company

Interview Questions

• I was given an excel test which I thought was odd since i was applying for a manager job not an analyst role. A business case would have been more appropriate, i think   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very extensive. Talked to 12 people before I got the offer. Interviewers were Hiring manager, peers, direct report, business partners and Sr. Finance management. The process was very smooth and HR was great at coordinating, communicating and being timely in the process.

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The entire process was very efficient. I felt that there was solid communication between recruiting and myself the entire time. It went as fast as I could have hoped for.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge facing the gaming industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for 5K extra and it was granted.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

I applied through the website and then contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter gave me one interview, then I got passed onto the hiring manager who interviewed me via the phone. I then got called into the office where I was interviewed by 5 people separately.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the role you're currently interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is almost non-existent. I negotiated for the top level because the role was a paygrade down from what I was paid at my previous job.

Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process from start, to when I was formally declined took over 2 months total. During that time there were periods of intense activity then long radio silence. In total, I had nearly a dozen phone interviews and one all-day on-site. The phone interviews were all great, focused and on-point. The in-person ones were a bit more scattered with some individuals not knowing what they were interviewing me for, and a few random people just not showing up at all.

Those I did interview with were all really passionate, engaged and excited about the work they were doing. Unfortunately, the process was so convoluted and drawn-out that it took any sense of urgency out of the process by the end. It didn't help that the company went through several waves of large layoffs between when I applied and when I was declined.

Overall, the process suffered from red tape and poor communication. Terrific people, terrible process.

Character Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was actually one of my better experiences. Everyone was really nice and made me feel comfortable.

I first met with the producer and developement director. Then I met the Art Director and Technical Art Director. After that I met with a couple of the Character Modelers.

Afterwards they took me to the Art Directors office where he showed me some of the art that they were developing. We sat around and talked a bit more. Then the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• What kind of software you use? What's your typical modeling pipeline?   Answer Question