Electronic Arts Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I applied online and was referred by a friend working in the company. I got a general phone screen with the recruiter, then another one with the hiring manager. Finally, I had an on-site interview session with 6 people (roughly 30 minutes each) at Redwood City. All the process took roughly 3 weeks.

During the interviews, there was a mixture of questions about my background and behavioral (tell me about a time when you did X). Also some interviewers (particular those close to the position asked questions about problems or challenges they were dealing with to get a sense of how I would tackle them. Circumstances like pricing a subscription service, how to increase sales of a poor performing title, etc.

Among the interviews, there were a couple that gave me the impression of lack of preparedness. One of them was with a person who had to jump in last minute as the original interviewer was not able to attend, which is understandable, but the interviewer had little to no clue what to talk about. The other one was with a Director who bad mouthed his previous employer and spent most of the time how I should help him do his job should I get the offer. He was definitely very unprofessional overall.

After the interviews on-site I was told I should be hearing back the week after. When I flew back home I sent thank you notes to the interviewers I was able to get their emails from -- yet nobody replied back to me. The first week went by and no word. As the second week was close to being over I reached out to the recruiter to inquire about my candidacy, yet she seemed not to have an idea. The day after I was contacted by the recruiter and told that the team decided to move forward with another candidate.

Overall, I was disappointed with the level of unprofessionalism from some of the interviewers and also the lack of tact and empathy to communicate with candidates (especially since I went through the entire process on-site). Other than that the process was pretty much standard from what I have experienced before.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve sales of a poor performing title on a third party online store?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consists of three stages: 1. The recruiter will reach out to you. 2. Offline coding for 2 hours, 3. Onsite rounds. They were clear about it.
    I did not pass the offline coding round, so I can't comment on the onsite interview. I am giving the review for the offline coding problem.
    I have to agree with other reviewers who did the interview for the same position a month before me (see his/her Glassdoor review). The offline coding question is very vague. They won't provide you the dataset for the offline coding. It is quite annoying. In the given 2 hours, I can't google and find the clean dataset for the question. So you have to hand craft the dataset for your problem. The requirement is also unclear. Overall experience was not great. If you have another offer, I suggest you to ignore offline coding because it is just waste of your time.

Assistant Media Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position, got an e-mail for phone screening. Then got a phone call from Eric Inamine.

It was one of the WEIRDEST phone screenings l ever had in my life. Questions were very absurd. I applied for a very specific position and he was asking me questions that are not related to the position. Then he was so awkward in terms of asking questions, l had to close the phone screening. No wonder people don't like EA.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself.
      After asking series of questions, l got "So, what kind of position you are looking for?" WHAT ? Have you even looked at my resume buddy ?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was given a data science challenge to solve in 2 hours. The assignment instructions were very ambiguous and the problem related to search indexes was pretty generic/un-inspiring. When asked a few questions the interviewer prompted to use an elementary solution. There were no sample test cases provided. Nothing specific was mentioned in the final feedback as well. Quiet disappointed in this manner of testing.

Interview Questions

• Two hour long data science coding challenge.   1 Answer

Animator Interview

Application

Interview

The whole process was initially slow but once they have interest in you it started moving a lot faster. Had a phone screen, then a interview with the lead and then an onsite interview. The interviews were pretty laid back. No dumb questions like what is your biggest weakness.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Face to face interview w/ 3 people. The position was an entry level type position and was low-paying. It was my first job on the West Coast so I was trying very hard to get it. I don't know if EA conducts their interviews for play testers in a 3 person panel type interview or not, this was about 15 years ago.

Interview Questions

• How would you best describe yourself w/ 1 word   1 Answer

IP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Initial contact via phone after applying online, separately interviewed with HR recruiter and hiring manager. Was flown in for in-person interviews. Met with most of the team, and a few minutes with the department VP were added on after the interviews got started.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any loopy questions. Just the standard stuff.   Answer Question

Email Campaign Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Recruiter called Early May. Had over the phone interview with hiring manager. Given a pretty basic HTML knowledge test. Had four in office interviews on May 23. Up until that point everything had been a positive experience and moved pretty quick. However, from here on out it was awful. I was told I would have an update the next week. And they continued to tell me that for over a month. They were never the ones to initiate contact. I always had to be the one to reach out and ask for an update. They finally asked me over a month later on June 28 if I would be interested in a contract role. I said yes and we went over details of the contract. After going over all those details they then told me that it wasn't guaranteed and would review with the hiring manager and get back to me shortly. I was then told a month later, July 24, after I had to reach out again that they went with someone else.

Outside of the two month period where I felt like I was being completely ignored the interview process was really great and easy, but the last portion unfortunately ruined this process for me.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process lasted about half a year. I interviewed with 8-10 different people or groups each asking about my personal experiences in managing small teams and difficult scenarios. I think the most difficult interviews were the one in person and the interview with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Management asked more about my experience at my previous employer and the skills I provided/ processes established.   1 Answer

Object Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Typical interview process where you first get a call from a recruiter to set up a day and time for an on-site interview. The people interviewing were great and open about what it was like working there and what was expected from the position. I did feel that the interview was a little too long for this role, it lasted two and a half hours and I interviewed with eight different people. They all asked almost the exact same questions which made it feel a bit redundant, by the time I got to the last few people I was already tired of answering the same questions. It just seemed unnecessarily long for the role, specially because it was for a temporary position. Some of the people interviewing weren't even people whom I was going to be working closely with on a daily basis on the job.

Interview Questions

• Show us and describe the work you have on your online portfolio. Are you comfortable with a very technical pipeline?   1 Answer