Electronic Arts Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

3.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through job portal in November. Didnt get any response for couple of months. Reached out to one of the recruiters in linkedin and finally got a telephonic interview scheduled. Didnt get any feedback on the interview for a couple of days. reached out to recruiter again and got a note saying interviewer felt it was not a good fit. Not a good overall experience for me..Need extreme patience to get through the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

One full day of interviews with 6 different people/groups of people. Had to come back for few more hours to meet the team manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you compute the collision of two spheres moving? I want the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Bucharest (Romania)) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple meetings and phone conferences with colleagues, manager, manager's manager and product owners.
    Almost 1 month with all the interviews and I still didn't get any offer but I'm pretty close to it

Interview Questions

• Every aspect of the C# MVC Framework was covered by their questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online test followed by in person interview of multiple stages after several days. Except the last round all the rounds were technical in nature. All the four rounds in a single day . Had very good experience overall. Measuring more your logical approach than technology .

Interview Questions

• reversing linked list   1 Answer
    • Given scenarios for masking the patterns in a given text.
      Handling multiple databases   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Met 3 pairs of software engineers from different teams. Not game teams, more central teams Most of the interviews are by engineers, then you will have a team leader or manager next. Learn some general list manipulation/sorting. Some general design, web service and c# and C++.

Interview Questions

• Some general problem solving questions for algorithms. For example how many eggs will I use to find out the height an egg breaks if I throw them from a building with 100 floors. what is the minimum number of eggs I need.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2014.

Interview

Took 1 round of phone interview and then 1 onsite interview.

Interviewed with about 3 people onsite. They asked what did you do in the past and some questions about language and algorithms.

Obviously the person does NOT know the right answer, and after I point out he didn't believe it.

The second person asked more absurd questions, even the question is invalid. After I pointed out, he admited he forgot that question in detail, and then took about 10 minutes to fix the question, and I think no one can solve that stupid algorithm during an interview because he said he didn't as well.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Bucharest (Romania)) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted on the telephone by the HR and programmed for and online interview.
    I had 30 minutes for 2 problems:
    1. An inoder traversal of a binary search tree
    2. Given 2 rectangles intersecting or overlapping together in any corner, how do I determine the total area for the two rectangles without the overlapped (intersection) area?

After the online test I went for a onsite talk.
    First I had a small chat with the HR lady that questioned me about my current job, my plans, and my salary expectations.
    Second a technical interview, some of the questions were:
    1. hardest bug you ever ecnountered
    2. OO concepts (inheritance)
    3. nullify an integer in c++ using just while and increment operators.
    Last I had a chat with 2 managers about my work experience and they presented the company culture etc.

Interview Questions

• nullify an integer in c++ using just while and increment operators   1 Answer

1. My salary were not matched.
    2. They were honest about some payed overtime that they have every year before releases and I thought that it indicates poor planing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was given through a phone call, it lasted about 60 minutes.
    . One question is to introduce yourself and why you are interested in EA.
    . The another question is to tell one project that you are proud of.
    . Write a solution for a car park system.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

I was asked to implement a hands-on game coding on a laptop within 3 hrs time and after finishing it, the HR mentioned that it will be submitted to the UK team who will review it. It may take 1-week time.

Interview Questions

• Palindrome Game

A palindro is a word, phrase, number, or other sequence of units that may be read the same way in either direction, with general
      allowances for adjustments to punctuation and word dividers.

e.g
      1. "Madam, I'm Adam!"
      2. "Do geese see God?"
      3. "A man, a plan, a canal - Panama!"

Implement a console based palindrome game where the input follows a sting and optionally followed by player's name.

Rules
      -----
      1. If the player enters a valid palindrome then increase the score by half the palindrome's length.
      2. The game also lists top 5 Hall-of-Fame players based on the score ranks.
      3. The game should register the player if not already registered.
      4. If the server resets - then the players score should be reset to zero.

Considerations
      1. The game's state should be in-session memory & not to be persisted to disk or database.
      2. Design, Thread Safety, Concurrency & Readability aspects.
      3. Write unit test cases.

Apart from this there are a also another set of technical questions - oops coding (4) & sql (1) - we need to answer by reason &
      implemention.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2011.

Interview

First I had phone interview which was moderately tough and then I went to EA campus in CA , face to face. I had a total of 4-5 technical rounds which were moderately tough . Totally concentrated on Core java, Front end .