Electronic Arts Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Software Engineer I Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I completed a technical interview via phone with 7 engineers. After I passed that interview, I was flown in for an all-day on-site interview with 13 different people. After that I received a verbal offer, with a written offer coming 3 months later as they had a hiring freeze right after my verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions weren't that difficult (it was an SE1 job), including asking me about linked lists and structs. At one point I was asked about function pointers, but it turned out it was a question they were dealing with and no one knew the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a 6 month review and relocation help, and got both.

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Process included a phone screening, in-person timed test written by EA which includes various questions on programming, video game design as it pertains to usage of limited hardware like a console dev kit, and some other tricky things. After passing this test, interview(s) will be conducted by the team(s) interested in adding you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in video games before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I personally did not really negotiate because I was more than happy to get the job and it was slightly more than I was being paid anyway (plus it was paid hourly).

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2012.

Interview

after two rounds of phone interview, took a plane to SF, EA maxis headquarter for an onsite interview. There were three rounds, first round was two young engineer asking some resumes questions and then some geometry question solving. After that, recuriter took me a tour around office a little bit before I entered the second round facing two senior engineers. Questions are kinda simple, basically about OO language in C# and some C++ tricks. Last is a leisure interview with the project manager, nothing needs to be noticed.

Interview Questions

• some question related with sims which I have no experienced at all   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Was flown to orlando, picked up at the airport, driven to Tiburon, and given a written programming test. It included writing a basic linked list, and a question on the min number of cycles I could optimize some assembly in. The interviewers were friendly and took me out to lunch afterwords

Interview Questions

• Implement a linked list, and write some assembly   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Interview

EA values technical skills but they believe adaptability (and I agree) is more more important. They would prefer to hire an engineer with potential and good social skills, rather than a top programmer with a cocky attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview by a panel of three interviewers, two were managers and one was a technical lead. The questions were fair and interesting given it was for a new graduate position and they responded in a timely fashion with a job offer at the time. Overall it was an excellent experience and I was honored to have been extended a job offer at the time.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite game of all time?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in May 2011.

Interview

Initially got an HR call to verify candidate previous work experience and competencies, followed by Telephonic Technical Interview during which many questions related to Objective C, C++, OpenGL, and Gameplay programming was asked. The final round was again HR round for salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Many technical interview questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in October 2009.

Interview

Very smooth interview none of those annoying problem solving type questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation