Electronic Arts Software Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiting team promote EA at campus and applied through email with the HR. Two phone screen interviews, one day back to back six onsite interviews. Each interview lasts an hour, coding questions are simple.Recruiting team promote EA at campus and applied through email with the HR. Two phone screen interviews, one day back to back six onsite interviews. Each interview lasts an hour, coding questions are simple.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through University Career Site. Got a reply within 2 weeks for a 45 min technical phone screen interview. There were 2 coding questions, 1 based on BST and 1 based on Large File IO. Cannot disclose the exact questions as they make you sign an NDA.
    Was rejected 2 days after the interview as I messed up the File IO based question

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I had several phone interviews with the team prior to being offered an on-site visit. The office is super nice, and the dress code is extremely casual. The vast majority of people walking around were dressed in cargo shorts and flip-flops. On-site, I was given a 2 hour programming test and was taken out to lunch with the team. At the end of the day, I was given a tour of the facilities.

Overall, I was treated exceptionally well by everyone involved.

Interview Questions

• I can't say much because you have to sign an NDA before arriving on-site. Just be comfortable in C++ data structures and memory management, and you should be ok. I was told the interview test is periodically rewritten throughout the year, so don't rely too heavily on anything you read online if you do happen to find someone willing to break their NDA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate over the phone, and was denied any increases in pay, stocks or vacation. To be fair though, the initial offer and benefits package was absurdly better than most I've seen, so this honestly wasn't a huge deal at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

had a tech interview with the hiring manager and then called on for an onsite. Onsite experience was a disaster. 8 interviews and one of the interviewer did not show up on time. As a result ended up giving a 4 on 1 interview and all had different questions.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Coding questions. Very experienced interviewers. They are kind and sometimes helps you by giving hints. I did phone screen two weeks before onsite. And there is one day onsite with 4 rounds of interviews. They cover expenses of hotels, meals, flights, and car rental. Pretty friendly and joyful experience interviewing such a good company.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode questions: Maximum subarray. Word break. Reverse words in string. Easy if you have gone through many interview preparations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very constructive and peaceful. Felt like I was at the right place at the right time. I could have had done better but I chose to see that as my own problem rather than EA's.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you held a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Maitland, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was referred to EA by a friend who worked there. My initial talk was with his current manager on the phone. I took a trip to FL and had an in-person interview there with a manager. While there I took their skills test. A few days later I had a follow-up interview with team members in Canada. I was told I was the first to interview for the position and they took several weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• During my in-person interview I was asked to write a few versions of a string-copy function, and we also walked through how to construct a garbage collector. The skills test is confidential, but prospective employees should be aware of a variety of topics from memory, to debugging, to AI concepts. Not all questions need to be answered in the allotted time, but having some knowledge in as many categories as possible and solid knowledge is a few should get you through depending on your level of entry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but one who is more inclined to do so should be encouraged to try. In addition to asking about salary, try to increase the amount of stock that you'll be granted.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 groups. Panel interview for one full afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to code on whiteboard by disgruntled employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2016.

Interview

An engineer started a phone interview with asking about general information, reason to change a job, former job experience and project experiences etc. Then he asked a algorithm question. No detailed code but thought needed. The whole process takes about half an hour.
    After passing the test, he arranged an onsite interview later.

Interview Questions

• Giving a number N, judge if exists two numbers in an int array having the sum of N.
      Further, if exists three numbers in an int array having the sum of N.
      Giving the thought and explain the time and space complexity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Phoned by recruiter after I applied online, talked to the hiring manager on the phone as well. It was for a temporary position so the interview process was really short. Just one round of interview for about one hour. First 30 minutes was technical, second half was behavioral questions. Finally received an offer two days later.