Electronic Arts Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.8

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in February 2017.

Interview

Very very negative experience. Passed phone screen interview and another 2-hour phone interview, then I was invited for an on-site interview. I had 4 rounds of interviews and during one of them, the interviewers kept texting on his phone. Moreover, I was told I was not qualified for the position and they never reimbursed me. I emailed the HR a few times, but they disappeared. Can't image a big company like EA would do this to an interview candidate. Luckily I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1.Introduce myself
    2.Ask algorithm problems. The problem is reverse the linked list. And another one (Sorry, I forgot the question, but it isn't hard).
    3. Ask the resume's problem.
    I mean, this interview is not so hard. But you need to pay attention to the communication.
    The interviewer would ask you to use test case to run your code by hand.

Interview Questions

• 1.Introduce myself
      3. Ask the resume's problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2017.

Interview

At first, ask me about some question related to databases.
    Then, coding problems. And they will guide you step by step when you cannot figure it out.
    It is a phone technological interview and the recruiter is kind of nice.
    When I asked for more days to prepare my interview, they saied yes right away.

Interview Questions

• Find the distinct elements in two arrays.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

three phone interviews-- I had general behavioral one through coffee chat and then three following ones for coding. The questions were all algorithm-based and fair. The recruiter was nice, although it was harder for me to understand the actual coding questions with the actual tech interviewer interviewed me. However, once she put down the question so I could actually see and read it, it was straightforward enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially, I received a phone call for background check and skill sets, shortly followed by an interview schedule.
    The interview was completely technical, related to CS concepts and I had to code on a shared document.
    The interview lasted for 45 minutes and I was asked two coding questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

It was a 45 min or 1 hour on campus interview. I come in and they ask me the usual EA questions: what were your past projects, what video games do/did you play, what do you know about EA? Then they ask me the interview question, which is to 'print out all the nodes at each level of a tree'.

So then I explain what I'm doing and do it. The interviewer is annoyed that I'm explaining stuff to her instead of actually coding. She doesn't say anything the entire time except yes/no. Then after I code it, my solution works, except I didn't erase one unneeded line. She spends 5-10 minutes lecturing me about that line. Are you kidding me?

Interview Questions

• print out all the nodes at each level of a tree   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First round is kind of a behavioural round on phone for 15 minutes. Waiting for their response. Not sure if there could be some other rounds. The person who called me is friendly and calmly listening to me as I was talking about myself.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. what is your career goal
      3. Tell me about your previous job (as I have experience )
      4. What is the interesting part of your academics
      5. Do you have any questions to ask me   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a bit hard both because of the questions asked and the accent of the interviewer. The process was a bit slow in terms of feedback from the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in November 2015.

Interview

Went through 3 phone screens. The first 2 were great, just chatted with the interviewers about my past experience. They also asked me hypothetical questions about testing games, and how I would diagnose a problem that users report, which was fun because I got to work through some scenarios.

The 3rd phone screen was with a hiring manager, and they asked 2 coding questions. It caught me completely off guard because she pretty much didn't talk through the whole thing.
    My past experience was the interviewer would work together with you, and prompt you to the right direction if you spoke your thoughts when solving the problem. This interviewer didn't attempt to give me feedback on anything I was doing, didn't say anything while I was talking through my thought process, and stayed quiet through the whole thing. It was extremely awkward and uncomfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an email from ea recruiter that they have this job opportunity if you are interested. Then they scheduled my interview after a week so there was a lot of time for preparation. It was phone interview and we have to code online. Interviewer was pretty helpful. Overall it was good experience.