Electronic Arts Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Electronic Arts

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

one phone screening interview, then on campus interview. The problem is not difficult. It includes some white board coding and design problems. But the attitude of some interviewer is very bad!
Most questions are the same from the cracking the coding interview.

Interview Questions

• you can find most of the questions in Cracking the coding interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Average interview. The interviewer is very friendly and the interview process is rather educational. I had a screening interview in the campus. I would recommend reviewing data structure before the interview. HR would also ask behavioral questions after the tech interview. They get a long technical question in just the first round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Very very nice recruiters, but a very rude phone screen. Something about asking a question and then shutting up for the next 15 mins doesnt feel right!!!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

Turned in resume at an on-campus infosession. Had a technical 30 minute on-campus interview the next day, asked questions about my experience with Android development as well as some simple coding questions (find an element in a binary search tree, etc). Followed up by a phone interview that was 45 minutes of java language and Android questions.

Interview Questions

• How is the const keyword used in java?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in May 2007.

Interview

The interview process is very formal, campus interview -> phone interview -> onsite.
    You will need accomplish a paper test onsite, followed by a lunch and a group interview.
    All interviewers are very nice and professional. The test is hard to finish in time so plan it and do your best.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2009.

Interview

The communications were excellent. They have got recruiters just for new grads. Generally very nice people. The nature of the interview was generally non-technically, with some simple short CS questions that I had to respond. Overall they were testing for personality more than technical competence. The job that I interviewed for was supposed to be in Redmond, WA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Appeared for an on-campus interview.
    Was selected for the next round, then had 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to join the gaming industry when everyday so many people are fired?   1 Answer
    • Explain the merge sort algorithm   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

They called me a couple of weeks after submitting the resume in their jobs website. The day after I did a phone interview that went for 1h. I talked to one of the tech managers and an engineer, both of them were quite nice and made quesitons that made a lot of sense. They weren't algorithm or structures questions, it was more about my experience with other projects with a lot of details.

I received an email 2 days after that to set another interviews at the HQ. Needless to say their offices rock! Big campus, arcade, soccer pitch, in office Starbucks. They showed me around and then took me to a room where I spent 4h talking to different engineers and managers, one by one, all of them very nice guys.

They called me 2 days after that to agree on an offer.

Interview Questions

• Database modeling for a specific application they described.   Answer Question
    • Concurrency problems like deadlock, etc. Explain and examples.   Answer Question
    • How to proceed in different scenarios like tough deadline, requirements change, lack of resources, etc.   Answer Question
    • How to implement BFS in a binary tree   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the money I asked them for. Tried to get more vacation but they didn't move a bit.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Redwood City, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process involved 6 interviews with two interviews each from three different studios in the campus. Each studio sent a software engineer to test the technical ability and a senior manager or producer to test the cultural fit. the questions ranged on trees, performance optimization, to 3D space problems. Overall the experience was interesting as it was a good mix of technical questions and interesting debates about Artificial intelligence approaches to the different kinds of games.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2009.

Interview

Many-tiered process involving interview after interview with recruiters, managers, team members... stick with it. EA discards applicant without the tenacity to stay engaged and proactive in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest failing in your career   1 Answer

Negotiation

a quick conversation over a free lunch with the executive producer. very nice.