Electronic Arts Technical Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Arts Technical Director Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth, quick and well organized. HR department made contact in a timely manner. HR Department did phone screening and then passed of to the leader in the area. Had an in person interview which was very interactive, employees are very friendly and forecoming. Overall positive experience interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were appropriate for the position. High level questions were asked and then detailed were followed up with 2nd and 3rd round detailed interviews.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Electronic Arts

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

The recruiting process was good. The first interview happened with recruiter/HR.
    The next interview was with Hiring manger. This was the first level of non HR interview. This was totally technical interview. No management questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Arts (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very organized and quickly implemented for each phase. I very much liked their process and questioning with all of the big wigs. The peer to peer interview with other technical directors was, let's say, interesting. In my opinion they could have been a little more organized and professional in their line of questioning, and the picture they painted of Tiburon was not favorable imo (which only confirmed stores I've heard from other former employees and recruiters). From the peer interview alone you could tell there were some big egos at Tiburon, but if you can navigate the politics, a potentially fun place to work.

Cowboy coding at it's best, it's just a disorganized free for all of young coders working almost criminally long hours, hot shot egos, virtually no quality assurance or oversight, and lower pay compared to similar opportunities in the Orlando area. You HAVE to love gaming to put up with it, not have a life or family, and be prepared to burn yourself out of the place within a few years JUST so you can say you've worked at EA. Tiburon felt more like a career stepping stone than a place people call home for decades, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

Every single person I've met that have worked at Tiburon, or have placed contractors there, all say the same things to me about it:
    - If you're looking for money, this isn't your destination
    - If you want to have a normal work schedule, look elsewhere. Expect to work crazy hours, and be a glorified technical slave during crunch times
    - QA, what's that? If you like a cowboy coding free for all with poor technical oversight, big egos, and last minute disorganized decision making... hey, you'll love this place. Most professionals, however, will not.

Overall, I think the interview process was enjoyable and very easy. Compared to other places, where you are grilled technically and white boarded for up to 6 hours (yes, an entire day), this place is a breeze. But at the end of the day, you need to understand clearly what you're signing up for, and why you want to be there, otherwise you'll be like so many other EA employees... moving on.

Interview Questions

• I honestly didn't find any question they asked difficult, however, they did discuss some topics that didn't seem at all related to the position for some strange reason. Perhaps they were confused for which position I was actually interviewing for. If you have a handle on project management, quality assurance techniques, architectural software design patterns, and a love for gaming, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Arts in January 2012.

Interview

3 step.
    one on phone, on with the hiring manager.
    2nd the studio head,
    The Studio lead was evaluating me for the 2 studios in question.
    3nd was the team interview.
    And at one point I was hired in a full time position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can you formulate an AI Node for Pathing?

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Electronic Arts.

Interview

many interviews with multiple pleople from multiple departments.