Electronic Data Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Data Systems Interview Questions

2.7

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in February 2011.

Interview

It was an internal transfer to another functional group.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal wita a vendor/contractor that does not perform as expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Shipping and Revieving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Rochester, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

They forgot that I was coming in for an interview so they just had some one interview me that, I latter learned had never interviewed someone before. He had no idea what to ask or say to me. I am sure most other interviews were not this way. The interview was very easy, he just looked at my resume and asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• He really didn't have any because he had never interviewed before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation, I hated the current job that I was in so I jumped at this one.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed first with the department manager. He gave me detailed information about the position and the company. He thoroughly answered all my questions. Then I was interviewed two members of the department. I was able to show and explain my past work.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for advancement to management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not make an offer until I was in final negotiations with another company.

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Nashville, TN) in November 2009.

Interview

Behavioral interview and very technical questions. Specific code questions and also there were about 4 or 5 people interviewing you. Was a little intimidating for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Coding scenarios and query questions comparing different queries & which would be more effective.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

First contact was via recruiter then a phone interview followed with team members. Phone interview was moderately technical, asking basic AD, Citrix, Cisco questions. Group interview followed with team members that was more of a personality interview than a technical one.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were not very difficult.
      Active Directory - name the 5 FSMO roles.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Position was contract-to-hire, so no negotiation on contract pay. Negotiation took place after contract expired and full-time position was offered.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Detroit, MI) in September 2009.

Interview

Phone Screen first, second interview was with the hiring manager for the account team, final interview was a formality i was extended the offer

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Pontiac, MI) in June 2009.

Interview

Overview of the company and (minimal) background on what EDS acually does. Quick run down of job requirements, followed by a few questions on your skill set and how would you handle certain situations.

The interview also shows some of the manuals and materials of thier databases and what I would be working on. She explained the dynamic of the worplace (team oriented), and that I would be crossed trained in different areas to help cover for someone if need be.

The person let me know the possiblity of long hours and frantic deadlines. I will give the interviewer credit for being honest on the current state of EDS as for as mergers (HP), clients(GM is only one in Pontiac) and cutbacks (they are only hiring temps as opposed to 'real' payroll workers).

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that went totaly wrong in a pervious job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The process was through a temp agency, who really didn't know what the job consist of besides really general and cyptic job requirements. I got to the interview and the job is completely different than what was lead to believe. I was really turned off by the amount of pay for what the job requires ($8/hour), as well as the layoffs, employee pay cuts & uncertainty of the company (Thir only client in Pontiac is GM, which just filed for bankrupcy this week).

Client Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochelle Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (Rochelle Park, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone for 30 mins then I was called in for a formal interview the following day. I interviewed first with the Client Operations Supervisor then the Client Operations Director. The interview took place in the evening after 5 PM in the Supervisors office which was located in their Network Operations Center.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work third shift (11 PM to 7 PM) + weekends + holidays. I wasn't expecting this question   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems (West Lafayette, IN) in April 2009.

Interview

Went into EDS corporate headquarters in West Lafayette, IN for what would be a phone interview. Odd? Yes. To commute for an hour just to be interviewing with several Java Developers in California. Well, initially I fielded technical Java questions with ease, as the interview continued, the interviewers were able to delve more deeply into basic topics and to find my weak areas. So this is to say that the interview got progressively more difficult. However, I felt a lot of satisfaction in being able to field questions as well as I did for the first half hour or so. The interview was quite long (over two hours), but the time passed very quickly. All in all, despite a bit of sarcasm from the interviewers after I failed to answer a question, things went well.

I felt that I struggled throughout the latter half of the interview, but received an offer anyway...It was fun!

Interview Questions

• Suppose I had a listbox that populated a state and another listbox that populated a city. How would I get the first listbox to populate the second without a server request? We are looking for the use of a particular technology here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company did use some spurious and deceptive negotiation tactics, citing that since I had a misdemeanor on my record, that I had no room to negotiate. Since when does THAT have ANYTHING to do with negotiation. I am happy with my salary nonetheless, but oh well.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Data Systems in February 2009.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager plus 2 team members (non managers). Lots of talk about team, standard "talk me through your career highlights". Standard "interview" questions of "where do you see yourself in 5 years", "tell me about a challenging personal situation"; "tell me about a situation involving conflict that you managed to resolve". Not very much specific information about role interviewing for.