Elevate Learning Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elevate Learning Tutor Interview Questions

Interviews at Elevate Learning

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Online application submitted, given a phone interview, then a request for a online video . After online video was reviewed and accepted. Received a email for video interview . Video had to be a video showing how u would teach math

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Elevate Learning

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (Anaheim, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

We were given a phone interview where they asked questions about experience and tutoring styles. We were then asked to participate in an orientation which was a conference room in a small hotel. There we filled in paperwork, went over a package where we learned how to fill in there paperwork and use their website, and they reviewed your resume and circled qualifications. It lasted all night for about 5-8 hours. Some also had to do finger print background checks. In the end we were all hired

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (Modesto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was tired by phone interview after applying for a position with a local school district. The company representative asked if I would be interested in the company and I answered affirmatively. After considerable e-mail correspondence and phone contact I was asked to meet a trainor in a downtown hotel meeting room to be schooled in procedures and paper work and have a chance/opportunity to submit missing documents and have my fingerprints taken. Although the trainer was late and the room was not prepared I came away with positive feelings for the process and the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you submit the required paper work on time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

Fast and easy. Took some online qualifying tests in math and high school math and an interview was set up. They conducted the interview online through their tutoring program so there was only audio. Fairly easy interview questions to answer like experience and why I applied. After the interview I was sent a contract. I ultimately did not sign it though since the pay rate and the amount of work that had to be put in did not seem equal.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (Palmdale, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Quick interview over the phone. Was contacted within the week to do an online orientation and then go to a 4hr long day 2 orientation. Going today, actually. Have to write a review to be able to see the apparently bad ones that this company has. Wondering if I should still go but I could really use the income.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your method of tutoring? Are you able to work a minimum of 8 hours a week? Do you have your own method of transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (Lancaster, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Elevate Learning wasted about 5 weeks of my time before I gave up. If you're looking to tutor, go for the other educational institutions hiring tutors through No Child Left Behind funding.

I was contacted by phone within days of submitting my application for a tutoring position. Elevate was very responsive, at first. I completed an initial phone interview, a lengthy online orientation, and second in-person group orientation, went for a TB test, etc. I was excited to start the job. So were the other prospective tutors who filled the room at the second orientation. We were given the impression tutors in the area were in demand, we had under 12 weeks to work with the students by deadline, and were being funded by the government's No Child Left Behind initiative. After the second orientation, we were told to wait for the school district's clearance. Weeks later, I've heard nothing from Elevate nor the school district. Even after following up by phone and email....nothing. Curious how they are going to meet their deadline to help the students. I can only imagine it being related to public school system bureaucracies. What a shame.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience with tutoring or teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was simple and very easy. The work that follows is where you have to spend a lot of time and many many calls to the company. The company needs to communicate better, and I found this extremely frustrating. It took almost 3 months before I started, and that was after repeated calls and emails. There is a lot of paperwork and expenses; however, as a contractor you can write these off. If you are a good tutor, then stick with it for the kids sake.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elevate Learning (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call and was asked a couple questions about tutoring. They asked me about what I thought made a good tutor, why I want to be a tutor, and why I think I would be a good tutor. The interviewer was very kind and professional. He explained that the program worked with low income students, and iterated that Elevate Learning truly attempts to help better children's lives. After the interview questions, he said they were interested in hiring me as an independent contractor tutor.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good tutor? Why would you be a good tutor?   Answer Question