Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I took the online assesment and within the next couple of days I got an email to set up phone interview. I had my phone interview which only last about 20 minutes. Normal questions I.e. Why pharmacy? Why sales? Why diabetes? And just questions about my resume. In about 2 weeks I got an email saying I would move on to f2f interview. I did that last week and they said I should hear back early this week between 7-10 days after interview. They interviewers were extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Seemed more like a conversation than interview.

Interview Questions

• F2f: what difficulties might you face in this job?
      Describe a day as a sales rep?
      Favorite and least favorite class in college?
      Tell about a time something in your job changed and how you dealt with it? (Since pharmaceuticals changes daily)
      Tell about a time you worked with a group to accomplish something.
      How would you get past the gate keeper?
      How would you convince the doctor to switch from another product he has used for years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview went great! The recruiter was so friendly and truly helped me get a better handle on what to expect for the interview. I interview with three people and they really made me feel comfortable during the interview process. They asked me questions mostly related to my current work experience. I got a call for a second interview and am super excited to move forward with this company.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are beneficial to have as a pharmaceutical representative?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

have to take a test on line before you get a chance. if you don't pass your out. Then if you do pass the test, then the interview process is situational/behavioral. Tell me about a time when. How in the past have you handled a certain situation

Primary Care Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Sioux Falls, SD) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable. I interviewed with 2 DM's and they both were easy to talk to. They definitely calmed my nerves and I am sad that I didn't get chosen for the job. The process went fairly quickly because they were looking to hire someone within 2 weeks. Lilly sounds like a great company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you think a rep does on a day to day basis?
      How do you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then took online assessment and passed. Three days later got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 40 minutes. Three days later I received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Had interview and waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have dealt with conflict with a customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Filled out online survey upon submitting application and cover letter. What a waste of time. The survey took me 45 + min. and at the end of the survey the final page told me that other canadates that took the survey were more qualified. hahaha! What a joke.

I would have been happier if maybe after so many unfavorable responses, it just would cut me off. Thats a solid hour of my life I will never get back.

Interview Questions

• who knows...they all started to blend together.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy, be prepared to do a very informal sales pitch. Other than that just be prepared for behavioral questions. One of the easiest interviews I have done. The interview is very straightforward. My overall experience was great just make sure you don't ask yes/no or closed-ended questions. NEVER do that is sales!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer took a while so make sure you let them know if you have other offers

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Posted application online and took a while to hear back. Had one face-to-face interview and received an email about two weeks later letting me know they went with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? What do you consider your dream job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

This was for the Diabetes position. I applied online and was prompted to take a screening. However, the website reported an error. I had to go to my employment home page and select to start the assessment as week later. I passed the assessment. After one week, I checked my application status and it showed not selected. I think this is a numbers game and its really hard. I had all of their requirements.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call from district manager because of employee referal, short discussion about me. Asked me to apply, there was also a personality quiz. Applied. Phone interview- reviewed resume asked why I wanted job etc. Received e-mail to schedule face to face interview with 2 district manager. Was about 1 hour long. Heard back over phone from district manager telling me they went in another direction (someone with more experience) but asked if they could contact me if something else opened up.

Interview Questions

• Why lilly, why sales, why pharma, most competitive thing Ive done this week, why hire you.   Answer Question