Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview went great! The recruiter was so friendly and truly helped me get a better handle on what to expect for the interview. I interview with three people and they really made me feel comfortable during the interview process. They asked me questions mostly related to my current work experience. I got a call for a second interview and am super excited to move forward with this company.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are beneficial to have as a pharmaceutical representative?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

have to take a test on line before you get a chance. if you don't pass your out. Then if you do pass the test, then the interview process is situational/behavioral. Tell me about a time when. How in the past have you handled a certain situation

Primary Care Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Sioux Falls, SD) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable. I interviewed with 2 DM's and they both were easy to talk to. They definitely calmed my nerves and I am sad that I didn't get chosen for the job. The process went fairly quickly because they were looking to hire someone within 2 weeks. Lilly sounds like a great company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you think a rep does on a day to day basis?
      How do you deal with a difficult customer?
      Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then took online assessment and passed. Three days later got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 40 minutes. Three days later I received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Had interview and waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have dealt with conflict with a customer   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Filled out online survey upon submitting application and cover letter. What a waste of time. The survey took me 45 + min. and at the end of the survey the final page told me that other canadates that took the survey were more qualified. hahaha! What a joke.

I would have been happier if maybe after so many unfavorable responses, it just would cut me off. Thats a solid hour of my life I will never get back.

Interview Questions

• who knows...they all started to blend together.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy, be prepared to do a very informal sales pitch. Other than that just be prepared for behavioral questions. One of the easiest interviews I have done. The interview is very straightforward. My overall experience was great just make sure you don't ask yes/no or closed-ended questions. NEVER do that is sales!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer took a while so make sure you let them know if you have other offers

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Posted application online and took a while to hear back. Had one face-to-face interview and received an email about two weeks later letting me know they went with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? What do you consider your dream job?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

This was for the Diabetes position. I applied online and was prompted to take a screening. However, the website reported an error. I had to go to my employment home page and select to start the assessment as week later. I passed the assessment. After one week, I checked my application status and it showed not selected. I think this is a numbers game and its really hard. I had all of their requirements.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call from district manager because of employee referal, short discussion about me. Asked me to apply, there was also a personality quiz. Applied. Phone interview- reviewed resume asked why I wanted job etc. Received e-mail to schedule face to face interview with 2 district manager. Was about 1 hour long. Heard back over phone from district manager telling me they went in another direction (someone with more experience) but asked if they could contact me if something else opened up.

Interview Questions

• Why lilly, why sales, why pharma, most competitive thing Ive done this week, why hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company website, and had to complete a screening questionnaire immediately afterwards. A week later, I was contacted by an outside recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Two days later, I completed the phone interview. It was a basic resume review and behavioral question interview. The recruiter gave me some constructive feedback for future interviews and said she would recommend me to the hiring manager who would be conducting interviews a few weeks later. A little over a week later, I received an email invitation to schedule a face-to-face interview for the following week. I arrived at the interview, and they were still finishing with another applicant. I was told to wait a few more minutes. Just then, a lunch delivery arrived, and I had to wait about 15 more minutes until they ate. It was a little unprofessional, as they could have allotted time for a break, but they ate quickly. I interviewed with the hiring manager, her boss and another Sales Rep, all in one interview. The hiring manager had a very cold, uninviting demeanor. The other two were professional, but not memorable. They didn't prepare their questions, or decide who would speak when, so the interview didn't have a very good flow. I was informed that the existing Sales Rep was leaving after a very long, successful career, and I got the sense that the hiring manager almost expected perfection from me to fill those shoes. Once I asked my questions, and said I had no further questions, all three interviewers stood up, and ushered me out the door before I had a chance to give a final closing pitch. I didn't ask for, but was also told that of the three, none of them had business cards to hand out(obviously wanting to avoid me from contacting them directly for a follow-up), and I should contact their Talent Acquisition Rep if I had any questions. I did not leave there with a positive impression of their management team. The following day, I received a call from their corporate office informing me that I was not selected to move to the next round of interviews. Overall, the process was efficient and they stuck to their follow-up timelines which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker at your level, or a supervisor? If so, how did you resolve it?   1 Answer