Eli Lilly Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.3

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Diabetes Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Predictable--phone interview and then face to face with 2 managers. Questions were situational and interviewers were good. It did take quite some time to hear back and I wish the process would have moved a bit faster.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about partnerships and how they've helped throughout your career. Tell us about the challenging aspects of partnerships that you've faced.   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Eli Lilly in May 2016.

Interview

Asked to take online personality test, which despite my successful sales experience I failed.Apparently they don't really want you to answer honestly. No worries would not work for a company that bases it's prospective employees on a personality test.

Interview Questions

• Were your parents proud of your high school grades?
      Have you ever thought of owning a business?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2016.

Interview

online about an hour to answer behavioral questions followed up with how many years after graduation have you worked, questions about your experience education and background. I would have aced the interview should I have been 15 years younger, bummer. I wish they give you feedback, especially if you have the education, experience, are a perfect fit for the diabetes products they want you to sell and you have just one problem, age Not a 20-30 year old anymore. time to look for another job?

Interview Questions

• how many years worked after graduation (age)   1 Answer
    • how likely to talk to a stranger or introduce yourself and if confortable   1 Answer
    • If I have a license to practice medicine in us   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face. Phone interview was pretty basic. Seems 50% get cut from pre screen questions alone so if you pass that you probably get a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not sure yet - just had to choose an answer here.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I took the online assesment and within the next couple of days I got an email to set up phone interview. I had my phone interview which only last about 20 minutes. Normal questions I.e. Why pharmacy? Why sales? Why diabetes? And just questions about my resume. In about 2 weeks I got an email saying I would move on to f2f interview. I did that last week and they said I should hear back early this week between 7-10 days after interview. They interviewers were extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Seemed more like a conversation than interview.

Interview Questions

• F2f: what difficulties might you face in this job?
      Describe a day as a sales rep?
      Favorite and least favorite class in college?
      Tell about a time something in your job changed and how you dealt with it? (Since pharmaceuticals changes daily)
      Tell about a time you worked with a group to accomplish something.
      How would you get past the gate keeper?
      How would you convince the doctor to switch from another product he has used for years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewers were cordial but lacked any kind of facial expression or smile when speaking about their experiences with Lilly. Personalities were not exposed or asked to be exposed in any way. Very robotic type of interview. As I said, the interviewers were cordial, but the most boring, not engaging, interview I think I have ever experienced. I have several years of successful pharmaceutical experience. A smile, showing passion and personality, a strong science background, and an exceptional work ethic have all been factors to my success. Lilly is a good company but not a good match for me.

Interview Questions

Boring! No personality or enthusiasm about Lilly or themselves. Would be a very robotic place to work.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview went great! The recruiter was so friendly and truly helped me get a better handle on what to expect for the interview. I interview with three people and they really made me feel comfortable during the interview process. They asked me questions mostly related to my current work experience. I got a call for a second interview and am super excited to move forward with this company.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are beneficial to have as a pharmaceutical representative?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

have to take a test on line before you get a chance. if you don't pass your out. Then if you do pass the test, then the interview process is situational/behavioral. Tell me about a time when. How in the past have you handled a certain situation

Primary Care Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Sioux Falls, SD) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable. I interviewed with 2 DM's and they both were easy to talk to. They definitely calmed my nerves and I am sad that I didn't get chosen for the job. The process went fairly quickly because they were looking to hire someone within 2 weeks. Lilly sounds like a great company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you think a rep does on a day to day basis?
      How do you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then took online assessment and passed. Three days later got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 40 minutes. Three days later I received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Had interview and waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have dealt with conflict with a customer   Answer Question