Eli Lilly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

Medical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was done with the HR. I was then Invited for an assessment day, which included group discussion, individual marketing presentation and a brief interview with the marketing department team. After the assessment, I was interviewed by the general manager and the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a scenario where you had to use your negotiation skills.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a scenario where you had to influence someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and about your career goals.   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you among all the candidates.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are fit for the position your applying for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter a week after I applied. F2F interview a month later. Panel was very nice and easy to talk to. Took about two weeks to hear interview results.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was organized and Eli Lilly employees kept in contact with me until the interview. Interview was very basic for sales. Interviewers tend to criticize what you say and what is on your resume. You feel like you are on the defensive during most of the interview. After they interview they strung me along and never gave a straight yes or no.

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in August 2016.

Interview

It took a long time. Intial email contact with hr to set up a phone interview that is two weeks away, 2 weeks later got an email to set up on site interview 3 weeks out. I was told that decision should be made by the end of the week. I emailed the following week to hr and no reply. Several days later decided to call the hiring manager but can only leave a message. I would just appreciate an answer even when it's is a no. I feel that they owe me that decency if they interviewed me for half a day, cost time and effort.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

!st Phone call with hiring manager and Architect
    2nd Phone call with same group
    Onsite interview for whole day
    Phone call with group of people
    Another Phone call with few more people

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Typical of pharma. STAR format...tell me about a time when you lead a team.
    How do you handle conflict? Tell me about a time when you convinced someone to do something they did not want to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a group or team.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

The interviews I had were 1 on 1. The interviewers are friendly. There was some time between the interviews. A interview took around half an hour, and can be up to one hour. People kept in touch. Overall, useful experience.

Secretary Interview

Interview

Transferring from one dept. to another within the company, interviewed by all 12 senior supervisor I would be supporting. Wanted to know I planned to have babies. Extremely awkward interview. could not believe the questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of birth control did I use and was it effective.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Very conversational. Business casual. Not stuffy at all! I was very comfortable with the 2 on one panel. They weren't harsh it intimidating. We met at a hotel in your territory.

Interview Questions

• Sell us something!
      Is pharma sales mostly clinical, educational or sales?
      Tell us what you learned about the drugs we emailed you about!   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Typical process of phone interview and then in person with several people involved in the position. They were both well planned and coordinated so that you feel valued. All involved communicated well. My expenses were reimbursed and they provided a brief tour of the campus on the way to and from the interview area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant work experience.   1 Answer

Salary and relocation were not sufficient.