Eli Lilly Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eli Lilly Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.3

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Filled out online survey upon submitting application and cover letter. What a waste of time. The survey took me 45 + min. and at the end of the survey the final page told me that other canadates that took the survey were more qualified. hahaha! What a joke.

I would have been happier if maybe after so many unfavorable responses, it just would cut me off. Thats a solid hour of my life I will never get back.

Interview Questions

• who knows...they all started to blend together.   2 Answers

Dermatology Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Greenwich, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a questionnaire and personality assessments required after the application process. I completed and passed the initial assessment. I was then contacted by Inventiv recruiter who is working for Eli Lilly to fill the position. That initial interview was 30 min and at the end was informed that she was confident in putting me through to the next interview with the hiring manager. I received a call from another recruiter the following day who was working with the first and informed me of another assessment tool I would need to complete. I completed and passed again. I received a date and time via email scheduling to meet the hiring manager within a couple days. The interview took place and after leaving, felt I could have done a better job with some of the questions. I figured I would not get another opportunity and moved on with my search. A few days later, I received a call from Eli Lilly HR recruiter who left me a message indicating she was following up post the interview from the week before and asked that I call her back. I did within 20 min. The following day I left her another message when I did not get a return call and left her another message. By the end of the day, I had not received a call, so I contacted the recruiter to see if she had any update for me. She indicated that she had been informed that they were moving ahead with an internal candidate instead. Overall, the experience was a fine one, with the exception of the last bit. Sitting on eggshells for 24 hours and leaving me hanging, I felt was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your different stages of employment. Tell me of a situation where the call did not go as well as you had hoped and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy, be prepared to do a very informal sales pitch. Other than that just be prepared for behavioral questions. One of the easiest interviews I have done. The interview is very straightforward. My overall experience was great just make sure you don't ask yes/no or closed-ended questions. NEVER do that is sales!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer took a while so make sure you let them know if you have other offers

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Posted application online and took a while to hear back. Had one face-to-face interview and received an email about two weeks later letting me know they went with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? What do you consider your dream job?   Answer Question

Diabetes Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position, you are require to taking and passing a personality assessment test to be considered for an interview. A week or two later, I received call to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was pretty standard- "Why are leaving your current job?" "Why lilly?" "Tell me about a time when..." After the phone screen, it was about a week before the face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was also pretty standard in terms of sales interview questions. I interviewed with two district managers and a specialty rep. A week after the face-to-face interview, I received a call from the recruiter saying they hired an internal candidate but wanted to keep in touch for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?
      What has been your greatest sales success?
      How do you handle conflict with a supervisor or counterpart?
      Why did you choose the college you went to?
      Why did you do an internship in college?
      Why Lilly? Why Diabetes?
      Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

This was for the Diabetes position. I applied online and was prompted to take a screening. However, the website reported an error. I had to go to my employment home page and select to start the assessment as week later. I passed the assessment. After one week, I checked my application status and it showed not selected. I think this is a numbers game and its really hard. I had all of their requirements.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call from district manager because of employee referal, short discussion about me. Asked me to apply, there was also a personality quiz. Applied. Phone interview- reviewed resume asked why I wanted job etc. Received e-mail to schedule face to face interview with 2 district manager. Was about 1 hour long. Heard back over phone from district manager telling me they went in another direction (someone with more experience) but asked if they could contact me if something else opened up.

Interview Questions

• Why lilly, why sales, why pharma, most competitive thing Ive done this week, why hire you.   Answer Question

Diabetes Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on company site. Took online assessment and passed. I was contacted by an Inventiv Health recruiter a few days later to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen lasted about 25 minutes. First, we reviewed my resume and then I was asked 5 or 6 behavioral questions. I am waiting to hear back about F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult challenge at work and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

I had applied online, then I had a phone screen interview with recruiter , did behavioral online assessment , then contacted for a face to face panel interview with district managers , then got a call for a final interview with hiring district manager ,

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenge iin calling doctors ?   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company website, and had to complete a screening questionnaire immediately afterwards. A week later, I was contacted by an outside recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Two days later, I completed the phone interview. It was a basic resume review and behavioral question interview. The recruiter gave me some constructive feedback for future interviews and said she would recommend me to the hiring manager who would be conducting interviews a few weeks later. A little over a week later, I received an email invitation to schedule a face-to-face interview for the following week. I arrived at the interview, and they were still finishing with another applicant. I was told to wait a few more minutes. Just then, a lunch delivery arrived, and I had to wait about 15 more minutes until they ate. It was a little unprofessional, as they could have allotted time for a break, but they ate quickly. I interviewed with the hiring manager, her boss and another Sales Rep, all in one interview. The hiring manager had a very cold, uninviting demeanor. The other two were professional, but not memorable. They didn't prepare their questions, or decide who would speak when, so the interview didn't have a very good flow. I was informed that the existing Sales Rep was leaving after a very long, successful career, and I got the sense that the hiring manager almost expected perfection from me to fill those shoes. Once I asked my questions, and said I had no further questions, all three interviewers stood up, and ushered me out the door before I had a chance to give a final closing pitch. I didn't ask for, but was also told that of the three, none of them had business cards to hand out(obviously wanting to avoid me from contacting them directly for a follow-up), and I should contact their Talent Acquisition Rep if I had any questions. I did not leave there with a positive impression of their management team. The following day, I received a call from their corporate office informing me that I was not selected to move to the next round of interviews. Overall, the process was efficient and they stuck to their follow-up timelines which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker at your level, or a supervisor? If so, how did you resolve it?   1 Answer