Eli Lilly Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Albany, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call stating it was just a quick screen, but it turned out to be about twenty minutes long. After the phone "screen", I received an email stating I passed the first round interview, and was invited to complete a second interview. The second one was very relaxed and conversational. Spoke about resume and past experience. Nothing too heavy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

3 week process. Phone interview was 30 minutes, basic questions covered through the resume. Second interview was with hiring manager. Getting to know me, asked a few situational questions to get to know my personality. Last interview was with hiring manager and another district manager also situation based questions

Interview Questions

• How do you get pass the gatekeeper?
      Tell me about a time you lost your cool?
      What do you do when your physician tells you that your product is to expensive?
      Describe a difficult problem you had to deal with at work?   Answer Question

Interview

The interview was held in rented office space with multiple candidates interviewing for the same position. Friendly interviewers with a prepared list of expected questions, but I found it more difficult than usual to develop rapport or get a feel for how interview was going.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenge you faced in a previous job situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

The interview process took FOREVER. I had long since given up hope when a recruiter finally called for a phone interview. After the phone interview, he told me someone would contact me within a week. It was 2 months.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty typical. Tell us why you deserve this job more than anyone else. Do you love to win or hate to lose?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Personality test first, if you don't pass, you can't re apply for 6 months. Want tot make sure you are a true sales person I think. Then phone screen to make sure you can communicate and don't seem crazy. Then 1 face to face with 2 managers, STAR format, experiences, just chatting, very comfortable. Dress conservative, make them enjoy spending time with you. Patient focus is KEY, team work is also key, and work/life balance. After interview, had a few phone conversations with hiring manager to get to know me a little better on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• What areas can you improve on in your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, just took the job!

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Next day was asked to take the assessment test. Following day was emailed directly by DM that she would like to set up a phone interview for beginning of the week. She also gave me a heads up that if I pass the phone round, I would be scheduled for a face to face interview the following day. Wow, so definitely felt like there was a sense of urgency on their part as to bringing a new hire on board. Was surprised though that there was no in house recruiter that would be conducting the interview, which is usually pretty typical. Prepped like crazy and felt good to go. Phone interview with DM was great - went really well. Lasted for 30 minutes and was pretty standard, question-wise. At the end of the conversation the DM said she would like to meet with me the following morning at 9am along with another DM for a face to face. Then I received an interview confirmation email from the in house recruiter, who now was in the game.

Was nervous and excited, as I really wanted this job. I am a seasoned sales rep with over 4 years of big pharma experience as well as 2 additional years of healthcare sales experience, so I felt fairly confident going into the interview. The interview lasted 90 minutes and it was the most grueling and bizarre interview I have ever experienced. Bombarded by questions from both DM's who seemed to have this weird, sarcastic, high-five-ing, good cop/bad cop routine going on. All STAR questions, which I didn't have too much trouble with, but they really tried to wear me down it seemed. When the interview was nearing the end and I began to close them - one of the DM's said to the other - did she just close? I think I missed it. Really insulting. Then the other DM tried to feed me lines and said - ask him if he will recommend you as the number one candidate, which I did, to humor her - and she said, Alright - she's coachable. I got a really strange vibe from the whole meeting. They did say that they would be making a decision at the end of the week when I asked about timeline and I would hear back from the in house recruiter in exactly a week. Neither DM would give me their business card, but I had one of the DM's email from her outreach, so sent her a thank you email and hand delivered a thank you to the hotel where the other DM was staying. Waited 2 weeks - nothing as to my status. Emailed recruiter and he said position was still open. Waited another 2 weeks - nothing. Emailed recruiter again - nothing. Emailed DM to follow up - nothing back. It has been over 5 weeks and I have heard nothing back. Really Eli Lilly??? Just plain rude. Just a simple email with a yes or a no, as promised, as a simple courtesy, is all that I am asking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something complicated that you recently have learned.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then someone called to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview was very professional and it lasted about 30 minutes. I was told I would make it to the face to face interview with the hiring manager. About one week later I had the face to face interview with three district managers. Pretty easy interview. I expected a lot of STAR questions, but didn't get any. Definately not what I expected from a pharmaceutical interview.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took an online assessment/ personality test after submitting my cover letter and resume. Took two weeks to get back to me about the interview. I was referred by a family friend who has been working for the company for a very long time. Don't worry too much about the personality test but it's definitely better to pass it. The biggest thing is having sales experience, some exposure to the medical field or office in the past. They want someone with a lot of experience, doesn't matter how awesome and young you are.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects your worked on in college?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

First a phone interview with an Eli Lilly recruiter, then 2 face to face interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions

• A scenario/hypothesis question that i can't remember now.   Answer Question

The geography was better for me with Eli Lilly

Interview

Application followed by online test (about an hour). Contacted by recruiter scheduling a phone interview. Lasted about 15 minutes. Contacted by another and scheduled face to face interview with 3 district managers. Lasted about an hour. Said followup will be in one to two weeks

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to change someone's opinion to fit your own?   Answer Question