Eli Lilly Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eli Lilly Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.3

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

I applied for a position online and once submitted received an email to complete a screening questionnaire. Approximately a week later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a hiring recruiter. Phone interview was pretty basic, I was asked general questions about my resume and why I was interested in a position in pharmaceutical sales. At the completion of the phone interview, the recruiter said she was going to recommend that I move forward in the interview process. The recruiter did not have any information regarding when the in-person interview would be held, but told me I would be contacted within 2 weeks with details. Within the two weeks, I received an email from another individual to schedule my in-person interview. The interview was held at a local hotel and lasted approximately 1 hour. Panel interview consisted of three people, and while the questions could have been tough, it was nothing I didn’t expect because I had done research on potential questions that would be asked. Following my interview, the hiring manger stated that everyone would be notified within one week of their status. The following week, I received an email from the hiring manager that I was selected for a final interview and if I would be available to meet him at a local Panera to further discuss the position. The final interview lasted about an hour, and the hiring manger stated the purpose was to learn more about my thought process and see if I would fit in with the region’s team. During this interview, the hiring manager went into greater detail about the position and the company’s bonus structure. I was only asked a few questions and they were pretty tough. The following week I received a call from the hiring manger that he had went with one of the other finalists who had more experience in the industry.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Phone screen and interview with hiring manager and another manager. Prior computer personality test.

Interview Questions

• Having not had sales experience, I was slower to respond when asked why do you think you will be good at this position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Exactly as it's posted here. 30 minute phone interview followed by the hour long meeting with the important people in the hotel and the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly here, so no need to stress too much.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process went really well. total of 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• do you love to win? or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

DO your research ahead of time-know about the field

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online. Emailed back by a recruiting agency to complete online questionnaire; I can't remember exactly, but it seemed like 100 behavioural questions. The next day, received a phone call from the recruiting agency who proceeded to ask some basic screening questions about resume and experience. A couple of days later received a request for a face to face interview with 2 district managers and trainer. Interview was at a hotel. The whole day was blocked out at the hotel for interviews, so lots of applicants. My interview only lasted 2 hours. Basic STAR questions. Then another one on one interview with hiring manager. Whole process was fast although I heard this is not always the case. I must've applied at the right time.

Interview Questions

• Last question was in 2 minutes how would you sell yourself to us?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Initial phone screening from outside vendor basically reviewing work history and asking very basic questions. Next is panel interview with 2 DSM's or 1 DSM and 1 Rep. Final interviews are with potential DSM for final approval. Most questions are in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Be prepared with multiple stories you can reference throughout.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Long interview process - probably 6 or 7 rounds. Dinners, phone calls, references, etc. Before you go through the process, make sure that there are actual positions open. When they came to my college (and several others) they made multiple rounds of interviews but ended up not hiring anyone.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

After Initial Computer Assessment:
    1-Phone
    2-Panel (3 managers and 1 sales trainer or exec rep
    3-One on One with Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Columbus, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial screening with National HR rep, followup interviews with hiring managers and other managers present in area office for consensus opinion, interview with regional director for final approval, if this process did not result in a job offer, HR rep has the option at his/her discretion to repeat the process for another opportunity if candidate is flexible to relocation.