Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

3 people on the panel. Intense STARR questioning. 2 people playing good cop and 1 playing bad cop for reaction. I think it was more about mannerism and confidence than truly being believable

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eli Lilly

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

The process was thorough but a little on the longer side- initially interviewed for another position but the job was filled before I got to interview. Manager called me back about another opening and I accepted after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Had to give actionable examples of past success for interview; what are your strengths in a team-based environment, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Athens, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got more information at the career fair on campus. Applied online and took a personality test on their website. Got contacted that I got the first interview, but did not get asked for a second.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter a week after I applied. F2F interview a month later. Panel was very nice and easy to talk to. Took about two weeks to hear interview results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was organized and Eli Lilly employees kept in contact with me until the interview. Interview was very basic for sales. Interviewers tend to criticize what you say and what is on your resume. You feel like you are on the defensive during most of the interview. After they interview they strung me along and never gave a straight yes or no.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Very conversational. Business casual. Not stuffy at all! I was very comfortable with the 2 on one panel. They weren't harsh it intimidating. We met at a hotel in your territory.

Interview Questions

• Sell us something!
      Is pharma sales mostly clinical, educational or sales?
      Tell us what you learned about the drugs we emailed you about!
      Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and passed the behavioral questionnaire. I got a call from a recruiter over a month later and had a phone interview. I had a f2f interview scheduled soon after. I interviewed with 2 district managers. I was called back two days later and invited to get dinner to discuss the position more; I met only with the district manager for the territory I was interviewing for at dinner. I was called back the next day and was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• typical STAR questions, what I knew about the medicines, what I knew about the district, what about myself makes me stand out from other candidates, etc   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Eli Lilly in May 2016.

Interview

Asked to take online personality test, which despite my successful sales experience I failed.Apparently they don't really want you to answer honestly. No worries would not work for a company that bases it's prospective employees on a personality test.

Interview Questions

• Were your parents proud of your high school grades?
      Have you ever thought of owning a business?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2016.

Interview

online about an hour to answer behavioral questions followed up with how many years after graduation have you worked, questions about your experience education and background. I would have aced the interview should I have been 15 years younger, bummer. I wish they give you feedback, especially if you have the education, experience, are a perfect fit for the diabetes products they want you to sell and you have just one problem, age Not a 20-30 year old anymore. time to look for another job?

Interview Questions

• how many years worked after graduation (age)   1 Answer
    • how likely to talk to a stranger or introduce yourself and if confortable   1 Answer
    • If I have a license to practice medicine in us   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face. Phone interview was pretty basic. Seems 50% get cut from pre screen questions alone so if you pass that you probably get a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not sure yet - just had to choose an answer here.