Eli Lilly Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR person to set for the next week the telephone interview with the potential team leader. Interview was 1 hour long and relatively easy and friendly. I was relative confident I was going to be selected for the next step but, unfortunately, after 2 weeks another HR offices communicated me the negative outcome with few lines of motivations.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself? What are your expertise? Why are you interested in Eli Lilly? Research interests?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews detailing technical aptitude and personality. First round with an HR representative, which was quite informal and more to get to know each other an the company. The second involved in-depth technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging moment in your life   1 Answer

Student Placement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in February 2014.

Interview

Went to an assessment centre after submitting CV and cover letter. Day is broken up into 3 segments - role play/team challenge, presentation and interview. The team challenge was watched by a number of staff and you didn't know who it was that was that assessed you. Overall the company had a friendly feel and I felt less nervous after giving my presentation. Make sure you have clear motivation as to why you want to join Lilly and the industry as a whole.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windlesham, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Eli Lilly (Windlesham, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a rejection email by mistake. A few weeks later, a HR person called me to arrange an interview. It was a day long interview at their research site. 20 minute presentation on a previously given topic and 1:1 interviews with each team member. After a week, got a call with detailed feedback.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

Not the kind of interview I would recommend a person to go through. Very time wasting and slow in decision making

Human Resources Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eli Lilly.

Interview

First round interview was with two associates. One was writing down everything you said and the other asked the questions. It was a basic behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Share an example of how you were able to motivate employees or co-workers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly in December 2010.

Interview

There were three face to face interviews over the course of the day. Some interviewers seemed more interested in your responses then others. I found my second interviewer to be rushing in the interview and seemed rather disinterested. Predominantly competency based, give examples where you have demonstrated a certain personality trait. I was fortunate enough to not have him as an interviewer but I was told that someone tested one's accounting knowledge and fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about the company's animal health division?   1 Answer

Unable to relocate

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly (London, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

Advertised position .Unusual for Lilly. Several interviews those job specific were the best and gave a good sense of the role and responsibilities for the job. Interview with HR was of less value yet for overall career was key. Very little discussion on benefits package.
    Overall focus was consistent with job advertisement.

Negotiation

Ask for a lot of things as they keep the offer limited.