Eli Lilly and Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2018

3.1

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Passed the online screening test. 2 weeks later I finally got a call from a third-party recruiting company. Did a phone interview with a very pleasant gentleman, it lasted maybe 30 minutes. He told me he would definitely be passing me on to the next step, and would be hearing from HR very soon.

A week passed and I got another call, from the same third-party company but a different recruiter who was very nice as well. She asked me if I had any questions regarding the job, training, etc. She gave me very precise timeline for the interviewing and training process should I be hired for the position, as well as the products I would be dealing with. Both recruiters were also very kind by giving me advice on how to rock the interview and suggested I think up some answers to STAR questions, etc. Asked to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. They worked with my schedule which was much appreciated!

The actual interview was great. I was interviewed by 2 District Managers who were very professional and the whole process really felt more like a conversation. I did a lot of research about the hiring process at Eli Lilly and was told by a friend who works there that one of the specific managers would be very tough, but never did I feel like this was the case- the conversation was very fluid and they gave me a chance to ask them questions at the end of the interview, which was awesome because I had some additional personal insight to the company.

I was told that I would be hearing from them in a week or two, so that is what I am doing right now.

A day after the interview I was sent an e-mail with a form in which I can claim reimbursement for any expenses accumulated in order to get to the interview, which was very considerate of the company.

Manufacturing Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

It was with two people, one manager and one scientist. Questions were all behavioral, usually having to do with past situations in internships/other technical roles. Somewhat challenging because many of the questions overlapped, make sure to have several stories ready.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to tackle a technical problem you knew nothing about   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process is simple and straightforward. You begin by taking an online assessment that, if you don't pass, will get you passed up for the phone screen. The phone screen went on for about 20 minutes before being asked to attend a formal interview. One panel interview with DMs and then one final interview with one DM. If you are moved to the final, you more than likely will get an offer.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

I was offered an interview on the spot when I attended a computer science conference. They were very friendly and invited me to an on-site. Everyone is very kind and you can tell they truly enjoy their job. All questions were behavior

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important things to you in a job?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

First step is an online personality test. After that I was co reacted by the recruiter. Next was a panel style interview with three managers. Process was 6 weeks start to finish

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

Involved an in-person interview and a follow-up phone conversation asking for technical knowledge. They were very nice people who seemed to enjoy the company. The people I spoke with have been there for some years or were hired right out of the internship for full-time.

Interview Questions

• What was a technical project or experience I worked on and what did I learn?   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

BEWARE!! MASSIVE SCAM!!

Somebody is scamming people using this company's name, info, etc... Person that was spoken to claimed to be President of the company.

First off, NO MAJOR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY CEO OR PRESIDENT WOULD EVER DIRECTLY CONTACT A PEE-ON CUSTOMER REP. EMPLOYEE FOR A POTENTIAL POSITION.. REALLY?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!?

Online interview, no in person or f2f. Shortlisted resumes and job candidates was a promise of having "superior qualities and desired traits" among other "candidates". Mentioned a check stipend to purchase "office products" and be deposited into your account to work from home.

Thank God it dawned on me before any very personal info was given out like account #s, social security, etc...

Upper levels of this company need to comb the lower levels and find out what's going on. It's sick that some people have fallen victim to this. Hopefully this is a legit company and isn't the actual reason behind the scam!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

First round interview on skype, second round at their campus
    The first one was on skype because potential full time offer would be in Spain (my home country). I had two 45 min interviews, one with HR and one with the COO. Second round included a vist to their campus to meet many different exmployees and senior executives. Overall it was a great experience and increased my interest in working there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage a conflict at work   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

There were several interview sessions with 1-3 people in each. The interviewers asked questions on a checklist. Some wrote the answers on a paper and some typed on a computer to fill in all of the blanks.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Almost all of the questions were regarding to sales, such as your sales experience, how you can relate to experience to Lilly, and other questions that directly ask about your sales leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Have lots of sales experience examples and how it relates to Lilly.   Answer Question