Eli Lilly and Company Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

have to take a test on line before you get a chance. if you don't pass your out. Then if you do pass the test, then the interview process is situational/behavioral. Tell me about a time when. How in the past have you handled a certain situation

Primary Care Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Sioux Falls, SD) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and comfortable. I interviewed with 2 DM's and they both were easy to talk to. They definitely calmed my nerves and I am sad that I didn't get chosen for the job. The process went fairly quickly because they were looking to hire someone within 2 weeks. Lilly sounds like a great company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What do you think a rep does on a day to day basis?
      How do you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then took online assessment and passed. Three days later got a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 40 minutes. Three days later I received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Had interview and waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have dealt with conflict with a customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

Filled out online survey upon submitting application and cover letter. What a waste of time. The survey took me 45 + min. and at the end of the survey the final page told me that other canadates that took the survey were more qualified. hahaha! What a joke.

I would have been happier if maybe after so many unfavorable responses, it just would cut me off. Thats a solid hour of my life I will never get back.

Interview Questions

• who knows...they all started to blend together.   2 Answers

Dermatology Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Greenwich, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a questionnaire and personality assessments required after the application process. I completed and passed the initial assessment. I was then contacted by Inventiv recruiter who is working for Eli Lilly to fill the position. That initial interview was 30 min and at the end was informed that she was confident in putting me through to the next interview with the hiring manager. I received a call from another recruiter the following day who was working with the first and informed me of another assessment tool I would need to complete. I completed and passed again. I received a date and time via email scheduling to meet the hiring manager within a couple days. The interview took place and after leaving, felt I could have done a better job with some of the questions. I figured I would not get another opportunity and moved on with my search. A few days later, I received a call from Eli Lilly HR recruiter who left me a message indicating she was following up post the interview from the week before and asked that I call her back. I did within 20 min. The following day I left her another message when I did not get a return call and left her another message. By the end of the day, I had not received a call, so I contacted the recruiter to see if she had any update for me. She indicated that she had been informed that they were moving ahead with an internal candidate instead. Overall, the experience was a fine one, with the exception of the last bit. Sitting on eggshells for 24 hours and leaving me hanging, I felt was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your different stages of employment. Tell me of a situation where the call did not go as well as you had hoped and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy, be prepared to do a very informal sales pitch. Other than that just be prepared for behavioral questions. One of the easiest interviews I have done. The interview is very straightforward. My overall experience was great just make sure you don't ask yes/no or closed-ended questions. NEVER do that is sales!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer took a while so make sure you let them know if you have other offers

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

Posted application online and took a while to hear back. Had one face-to-face interview and received an email about two weeks later letting me know they went with another applicant.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? What do you consider your dream job?   Answer Question

Diabetes Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying for the position, you are require to taking and passing a personality assessment test to be considered for an interview. A week or two later, I received call to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was pretty standard- "Why are leaving your current job?" "Why lilly?" "Tell me about a time when..." After the phone screen, it was about a week before the face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview was also pretty standard in terms of sales interview questions. I interviewed with two district managers and a specialty rep. A week after the face-to-face interview, I received a call from the recruiter saying they hired an internal candidate but wanted to keep in touch for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?
      What has been your greatest sales success?
      How do you handle conflict with a supervisor or counterpart?
      Why did you choose the college you went to?
      Why did you do an internship in college?
      Why Lilly? Why Diabetes?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

This was for the Diabetes position. I applied online and was prompted to take a screening. However, the website reported an error. I had to go to my employment home page and select to start the assessment as week later. I passed the assessment. After one week, I checked my application status and it showed not selected. I think this is a numbers game and its really hard. I had all of their requirements.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call from district manager because of employee referal, short discussion about me. Asked me to apply, there was also a personality quiz. Applied. Phone interview- reviewed resume asked why I wanted job etc. Received e-mail to schedule face to face interview with 2 district manager. Was about 1 hour long. Heard back over phone from district manager telling me they went in another direction (someone with more experience) but asked if they could contact me if something else opened up.

Interview Questions

• Why lilly, why sales, why pharma, most competitive thing Ive done this week, why hire you.   Answer Question