Eli Lilly and Company Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017

3.3

136 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Next day was asked to take the assessment test. Following day was emailed directly by DM that she would like to set up a phone interview for beginning of the week. She also gave me a heads up that if I pass the phone round, I would be scheduled for a face to face interview the following day. Wow, so definitely felt like there was a sense of urgency on their part as to bringing a new hire on board. Was surprised though that there was no in house recruiter that would be conducting the interview, which is usually pretty typical. Prepped like crazy and felt good to go. Phone interview with DM was great - went really well. Lasted for 30 minutes and was pretty standard, question-wise. At the end of the conversation the DM said she would like to meet with me the following morning at 9am along with another DM for a face to face. Then I received an interview confirmation email from the in house recruiter, who now was in the game.

Was nervous and excited, as I really wanted this job. I am a seasoned sales rep with over 4 years of big pharma experience as well as 2 additional years of healthcare sales experience, so I felt fairly confident going into the interview. The interview lasted 90 minutes and it was the most grueling and bizarre interview I have ever experienced. Bombarded by questions from both DM's who seemed to have this weird, sarcastic, high-five-ing, good cop/bad cop routine going on. All STAR questions, which I didn't have too much trouble with, but they really tried to wear me down it seemed. When the interview was nearing the end and I began to close them - one of the DM's said to the other - did she just close? I think I missed it. Really insulting. Then the other DM tried to feed me lines and said - ask him if he will recommend you as the number one candidate, which I did, to humor her - and she said, Alright - she's coachable. I got a really strange vibe from the whole meeting. They did say that they would be making a decision at the end of the week when I asked about timeline and I would hear back from the in house recruiter in exactly a week. Neither DM would give me their business card, but I had one of the DM's email from her outreach, so sent her a thank you email and hand delivered a thank you to the hotel where the other DM was staying. Waited 2 weeks - nothing as to my status. Emailed recruiter and he said position was still open. Waited another 2 weeks - nothing. Emailed recruiter again - nothing. Emailed DM to follow up - nothing back. It has been over 5 weeks and I have heard nothing back. Really Eli Lilly??? Just plain rude. Just a simple email with a yes or a no, as promised, as a simple courtesy, is all that I am asking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something complicated that you recently have learned.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then someone called to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview was very professional and it lasted about 30 minutes. I was told I would make it to the face to face interview with the hiring manager. About one week later I had the face to face interview with three district managers. Pretty easy interview. I expected a lot of STAR questions, but didn't get any. Definately not what I expected from a pharmaceutical interview.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Took an online assessment/ personality test after submitting my cover letter and resume. Took two weeks to get back to me about the interview. I was referred by a family friend who has been working for the company for a very long time. Don't worry too much about the personality test but it's definitely better to pass it. The biggest thing is having sales experience, some exposure to the medical field or office in the past. They want someone with a lot of experience, doesn't matter how awesome and young you are.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects your worked on in college?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

First a phone interview with an Eli Lilly recruiter, then 2 face to face interviews with different managers.

Interview Questions

• A scenario/hypothesis question that i can't remember now.   Answer Question

The geography was better for me with Eli Lilly

Interview

Application followed by online test (about an hour). Contacted by recruiter scheduling a phone interview. Lasted about 15 minutes. Contacted by another and scheduled face to face interview with 3 district managers. Lasted about an hour. Said followup will be in one to two weeks

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to change someone's opinion to fit your own?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

I applied for a position online and once submitted received an email to complete a screening questionnaire. Approximately a week later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a hiring recruiter. Phone interview was pretty basic, I was asked general questions about my resume and why I was interested in a position in pharmaceutical sales. At the completion of the phone interview, the recruiter said she was going to recommend that I move forward in the interview process. The recruiter did not have any information regarding when the in-person interview would be held, but told me I would be contacted within 2 weeks with details. Within the two weeks, I received an email from another individual to schedule my in-person interview. The interview was held at a local hotel and lasted approximately 1 hour. Panel interview consisted of three people, and while the questions could have been tough, it was nothing I didn’t expect because I had done research on potential questions that would be asked. Following my interview, the hiring manger stated that everyone would be notified within one week of their status. The following week, I received an email from the hiring manager that I was selected for a final interview and if I would be available to meet him at a local Panera to further discuss the position. The final interview lasted about an hour, and the hiring manger stated the purpose was to learn more about my thought process and see if I would fit in with the region’s team. During this interview, the hiring manager went into greater detail about the position and the company’s bonus structure. I was only asked a few questions and they were pretty tough. The following week I received a call from the hiring manger that he had went with one of the other finalists who had more experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone screen and interview with hiring manager and another manager. Prior computer personality test.

Interview Questions

• Having not had sales experience, I was slower to respond when asked why do you think you will be good at this position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Exactly as it's posted here. 30 minute phone interview followed by the hour long meeting with the important people in the hotel and the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions are mostly here, so no need to stress too much.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process went really well. total of 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• do you love to win? or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eli Lilly and Company.

Interview

DO your research ahead of time-know about the field