Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day. In one week, I went through an initial phone screening, an hour-long phone interview with the supervisor, and then a two-hour in-person interview with the department. I felt like the interviews went well overall and I clicked well with the staff. I left my final interview with a strong impression that I would be followed up with very soon. A week went by and no contact, so I sent an email to the manager. The only response I received was a generic response from the recruiter telling me I was not selected. Which is fine, but they definitely knew much sooner they would not be selecting me and I felt that at the very least I should have been contacted instead of me having to reach out after one week.

Corporate Services Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was easy and comfortable at the Foundation; I had a panel interview with the two staff that would be my bosses, and they kept it very informal and conversational. The feedback from the interview was quick, and the offer process went smoothly as well.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty normal - previous experience, discussing different examples of my project work, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were relatively easy - we went back and forth once or twice negotiating salary, however, I was coming from a for-profit organization, so had to realign my expectations, given that the Foundation is non-profit.

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two weeks after applying for the position, I was contacted for an initial phone interview with someone from HR, and the day after the phone interview, I was invited to the office for an in-person interview. A few days later, I was asked to complete a skills assessment, and upon completion, I was asked to come in for a third and final interview with several staff. After the third interview, I never heard back from anyone; I did send a follow-up e-mail but never received a response.

Interview Questions

• What do your current colleagues come to you for that is not work-related?   1 Answer

Technical Officer Interview

Interview

I found the interview to be quite rigorous. I had several in-person interviews, as well as telephone interviews with peers and leadership one level up. The entire interview and hiring process was exceptionally efficient - the length of time from my first screening to the final offer was just shy of 3 weeks (and no, I had absolutely no contacts or networks prior to applying).

Interview Questions

• Since I was applying for a technical role, the questions were more experience and skills-based than conceptual. it was either you had done the work before and could confidently answer the questions, or you had not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a critical make-or-break factor that would have affected my employability, but not at all on the salary.

Country Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

The HR team at EGPAF seems to be much improved in the past few years. I received a lot of correspondence from the recruiter in charge of my case. I had an in-person interview in the Washington, DC office. There was no financial reimbursement to cover costs for traveling for the in-person interview. After the in-person interview, I had to wait several weeks before hearing that I will interview with other staff on the phone.

Interview Questions

• For the Country Officer position, I was asked several times about my program and agreement management experience. I got the impression that they were not looking for candidates with strong technical skills, but with stronger management experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Worked there for five years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate

Associate Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Too many interviews with too many people. It dragged on for months. HR is clueless. There was no consideration for the fact that I was currently employed and could not continue to come for interview after interview, 5 in total.

Senior Officer Executive and Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview was set up about a week after application. It was a simple resume walk through with emphasis placed on Africa experience. Was promised a follow up interview, but this never came. Eventually received a generic email that the position was put on hold until July 2012.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected, except they did try to push quite hard for an answer on salary expectations.   Answer Question

Grants Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Washington, DC) in February 2008.

Interview

HR person was very friendly and portrayed an excellent view of the Foundation and the work that it does. She made it fun to want to be a part of the company.

Interview Questions

• You are overqualified for the position so why do you want to apply?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My agency handled it.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (Nairobi (Kenya)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer really concentrates in in skills that one has in the same field in terms of experience and expertise in the same job. Emotion and how to control it is also key in such forum. The other important thing is what you have been doing to gauge the relevance of the skills you have this helps them to know how aggressive you are in terms of self development to further enhance your skills.The other critical factor is your mode of delivering of your wording in the consistent way which gives them a hint on your communication skills that is key in organisations today